FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Retiring this device to my daughter

1,124 posts
Thanks Meter: 143
 
By duckredbeard, Senior Member on 8th March 2015, 06:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am moving on from this device but it is not going to be neglected. I am passing this TF700 to my daughter and getting a new smaller tablet for myself.

I got this back when sbdags was still cooking roms based on the original OEM. Long time.

Before I turn it over to her I am going to clean it out and install the most stable ROM I can. Probably back to Cromi-x. Any feedback on what you guys remember as the most stable?
The Following User Says Thank You to duckredbeard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duckredbeard Ad-Free
 
 
8th March 2015, 07:36 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckredbeard

I am moving on from this device but it is not going to be neglected. I am passing this TF700 to my daughter and getting a new smaller tablet for myself.

I got this back when sbdags was still cooking roms based on the original OEM. Long time.

Before I turn it over to her I am going to clean it out and install the most stable ROM I can. Probably back to Cromi-x. Any feedback on what you guys remember as the most stable?

I'm using Crombi-kk as my daily driver. I use my TF700 w/keyboard for work and need a stable platform. This works for me.
8th March 2015, 07:43 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag ViƱa del Mar, Chile
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
KatKiss LP 5.0.2 for TF300T + _that Kernel it's ver STABLE

Enviado desde mi Lenovo K910
8th March 2015, 08:09 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Mind donating it to Timduru so he can start his development for this tab?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...f700t-t3046359

Thanks,
K
10th March 2015, 09:47 AM |#5  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,754
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmot2

Mind donating it to Timduru so he can start his development for this tab?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...f700t-t3046359

Thanks,
K

He just said he was donating to his daughter.

Is it that hard to port katkiss to the 700? Just apply a 700 kernel and you are done. What else are you needing?

The 300 and 700 are basically the same device with very minor changes to hardware.
11th March 2015, 01:16 AM |#6  
tvig0r0us's Avatar
Member
Flag Cincy
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
IMHO, Cromi-X is the right choice. It's the most stable of the roms that are rooted in the tf700 stock base and frankly I think it's the best daily rom for the device period. I think your daughter will love it.

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to tvig0r0us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvig0r0us Ad-Free
11th March 2015, 02:41 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

He just said he was donating to his daughter.

Is it that hard to port katkiss to the 700? Just apply a 700 kernel and you are done. What else are you needing?

The 300 and 700 are basically the same device with very minor changes to hardware.

He released 5.1 today and it won't work on the TF700 with the correct kernel. Any ideas?
12th March 2015, 09:53 AM |#8  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,754
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavmot2

He released 5.1 today and it won't work on the TF700 with the correct kernel. Any ideas?

Unpack the kernels.

Mix the old zimage and new ramdisk.

Repack.
12th March 2015, 12:27 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
@sbdags
How? Would you mind uploading a version on the katkiss-lollipop q and a threads?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes