FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Thinking about buying a TF700.. Few questions. Need advice

437 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By cpugeeker, Senior Member on 29th January 2015, 11:49 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey you all. im shopping for a used tablet and I have seen a few of these TF700 and also tf300 going online for around $150 10.1 screen.looks like the tf300 is the lower model version

Just wondering how is the community going on here with these tablets? looks like its still going strong and supported!

Anything i should know about these tablets or should I stay away from these. seems like a good tablet for a good price and it also seems these tablets are pretty fast

Thanks for your advice and help!

30th January 2015, 12:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
they are fast for the first month, then go to utter ****. you will have to wipe it clean and fresh install your roms on it biweekly in order for it to be usable. the specs and price are tempting, but the track record of them sucks, avoid at all cost.
30th January 2015, 12:57 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iateshaggy

they are fast for the first month, then go to utter ****. you will have to wipe it clean and fresh install your roms on it biweekly in order for it to be usable. the specs and price are tempting, but the track record of them sucks, avoid at all cost.

What about the ME302C asus? I can get one for about the same price. Specs look better and the tablet is newer
30th January 2015, 01:06 AM |#4  

More
do you plan on rooting or romming the tablet or are you happy with stock?
30th January 2015, 01:22 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Quote:

do you plan on rooting or romming the tablet or are you happy with stock?

Rooting custom rom

But I made up my mind. Im going to get the Asus ME302 instead of this. Seems better and same price. But i dont see a section for the 302 device (sad face)
30th January 2015, 01:44 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpugeeker

Rooting custom rom

But I made up my mind. Im going to get the Asus ME302 instead of this. Seems better and same price. But i dont see a section for the 302 device (sad face)

there is a good chance that means there is no development on it, like roms... search for the modding process on what ever you buy before you buy so you don't get disappointed.
30th January 2015, 02:08 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

there is a good chance that means there is no development on it, like roms... search for the modding process on what ever you buy before you buy so you don't get disappointed.

there is some threads on it, nevermind non on roms, Geez i really like that tab too
Last edited by cpugeeker; 30th January 2015 at 02:18 AM.
30th January 2015, 03:08 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

So now my choices are the me301t, tf300
Last edited by cpugeeker; 30th January 2015 at 03:15 AM.
30th January 2015, 07:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Changed my mind again. i think im going to go with this tablet.. The screen and quad core got my heart, i could get a me302 btu the screen is not as good as this one
31st January 2015, 02:51 AM |#10  

More
go ahead and get a class 10 sd card too then. apparently rom2sd is the only way to get these things to work but i haven't confirmed that first hand...yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread