I have no lag on my Infinity

OP mepis

12th September 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 23

173 posts
More
I just wanted to document my experience with my Infinity in case any other newcomers come along and read this.

I just bought a TF700T second hand on craigs list. I wasn't aware of the performance issues before I got it. I only remembered the marketing material when it came out. At first, I had a lot of lag. I did a factory reset and the issue persisted. I then put clockwork on it and tried various roms, performing a full wipe between each. The issue was better, but I still got a lot of lag, especially with Chrome.

I gave up and figured I would put it back to the stock rom, or close enough to it, and resell it. I flashed the plain old stock JB rom found in the development section, the one that was only deodexed with no other mods, did a full wipe (including the system partition), flashed it, and let it sit for a little while. I've set it back up and have been using it a couple of hours a day with no issues.

I wanted to make a quick note just in case someone else buys a TF700 and comes looking for help. I figured this might at least help someone out there a little bit.
13th September 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,243

11,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepis

I just wanted to document my experience with my Infinity in case any other newcomers come along and read this.

I just bought a TF700T second hand on craigs list. I wasn't aware of the performance issues before I got it. I only remembered the marketing material when it came out. At first, I had a lot of lag. I did a factory reset and the issue persisted. I then put clockwork on it and tried various roms, performing a full wipe between each. The issue was better, but I still got a lot of lag, especially with Chrome.

I gave up and figured I would put it back to the stock rom, or close enough to it, and resell it. I flashed the plain old stock JB rom found in the development section, the one that was only deodexed with no other mods, did a full wipe (including the system partition), flashed it, and let it sit for a little while. I've set it back up and have been using it a couple of hours a day with no issues.

I wanted to make a quick note just in case someone else buys a TF700 and comes looking for help. I figured this might at least help someone out there a little bit.

Give it a week and your lag will be back though.
13th September 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster

173 posts
More
That's fair. I'll give it a few weeks and see how bad it gets and report back on this thread. It's expected for any Android device to start lagging a little with use and time. A tiny bit of lag isn't something I mind - that's par for the course. It was the 30 second wait time for an app to open, or the 15+ second wait time for keyboard presses to register. Unfortunately, I was seeing a lot of that on a various roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to mepis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th September 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 7

139 posts
Quote:

That's fair. I'll give it a few weeks and see how bad it gets and report back on this thread. It's expected for any Android device to start lagging a little with use and time. A tiny bit of lag isn't something I mind - that's par for the course. It was the 30 second wait time for an app to open, or the 15+ second wait time for keyboard presses to register. Unfortunately, I was seeing a lot of that on a various roms.

Have you tried data2sd. My lag was pretty annoying so I finally took the time to do the data2sd mod and I am hoping this will make a big difference. I will report back in a few weeks.
20th September 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lancaster

173 posts
More
I have not. To be honest, if I have to go that route I would rather sell the tablet and get an Encore 2 or something. The little I read of that mod, I would need a good class 10 sd card. I would also want to buy a 32gig or 64 gig card for the storage space. That raises the cost of the tablet too much for me. With that said, I'm getting an occasional lag opening apps, but other than that everything is working fine still. The performance is about on par with my Droid Maxx as far as usability and responsiveness go for the most part. I use it mostly for reading things though. I'm not a heavy user.
24th September 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Quote:

After doing the full unlock process and wipe back to factory, I installed CM11 M10 Monday night. There is a little lag, but nowhere near what I had with stock for 2+ years.
30th September 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
I was getting random crashes and reboots with CM11 when using nightlies back in june. They were especially frequent when using chrome. Is M10 any more stable?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread