Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Thanks guys I'm moving on

Tip us?

Eddie Hicks
Old
(Last edited by Eddie Hicks; 20th August 2014 at 05:06 PM.) Reason: typo
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Default Thanks guys I'm moving on

I want to thank all of the Dev's and members who helped me make my Infinity tolerable. I would have been done with it long ago if not for the ROMs and kernels that made the tablet somewhat decent. A special thanks to sbdags and _that. The TF700 was my second ASUS tablet after having owned the even worst TF201. I build desktops using ASUS motherboards so I know they are capable of making excellent products but their tablets are lacking. Anyway I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S tab 10.5" a month ago. All I can say is that I am very impressed and very satisfied. I did root only to use Titanium Backup and other root programs but everything runs so smoothly and fast I'll probably not bother with custom ROMs. Thank you all very much.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy S4 blue
Barnes & Noble Nook New GlowLight
ASUS Transformer TF700T (retired)
Kindle Fire HD 8.9
HTC Rezound (sold)
ASUS TF201 (sold)
HTC Incredible (sold)
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Hicks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flhthemi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yup some of the best motherboards around. I am on a P5GPL with a P4 this board has survived 2- power supplies blowing up, a memory board burnout and a hard drive that died. It's running win8 (not 8.1 not enough CPU power). I just can't kill it!

I had a TF201 and now a TF700. As far as I'm concerned one is NO better than the other. Both seem to have lag.

Galaxy or Toshiba may be MY next move but you can bet your sweet bippy it won't be another Asus. That's sad. It's also sad that this experience has caused me to NOT buy any Asus product no matter how good it may be.

Good luck with your new Sammy! I love my S4 phone!
Ain't I lucky?
MY TF700 won't unlock!
Thanks Asus, for nothing!
Fixed Asus By Buying A Samsung Tab S 10.5!

flhthemi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Yesterday I did the same thing. Went to BestBuy and bought the Galaxy Tab S 10.5. So far I'm OK with it. It sure is quick and KK will take some getting used to. Only gripe I have is copying files to the ext_sdcard. (you can't do it with anything other than Sammie's file tool unless you root)

So I also wanted to say thanks to everyone here for listening to me whine, bitch and moan over the past two and a half years. Maybe now I'll shut up.

But I'm not leaving here.

1) I like this place
2) I still have the 700
3) I'll be in the Samsung section of XDA asking my stupid questions.
4) I like this place

So thanks again for all the help and moral support !
Ain't I lucky?
MY TF700 won't unlock!
The Following User Says Thank You to flhthemi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eddie Hicks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi View Post
Yesterday I did the same thing. Went to BestBuy and bought the Galaxy Tab S 10.5. So far I'm OK with it. It sure is quick and KK will take some getting used to. Only gripe I have is copying files to the ext_sdcard. (you can't do it with anything other than Sammie's file tool unless you root)

So I also wanted to say thanks to everyone here for listening to me whine, bitch and moan over the past two and a half years. Maybe now I'll shut up.

But I'm not leaving here.

1) I like this place
2) I still have the 700
3) I'll be in the Samsung section of XDA asking my stupid questions.
4) I like this place

So thanks again for all the help and moral support !
Did you get the 32gb tablet? So far the 32gb is exclusive to Best Buy. I really wanted the 32gb but I don't like BBs 14 day return policy. I went with Amazon because it gave me a full month to decide if I wanted to keep it. I really don't get only 16gb of memory on a $500 tablet. The 32 gb in the TF700 is the only thing in my opinion better than the Galaxy S.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Samsung Galaxy S4 blue
Barnes & Noble Nook New GlowLight
ASUS Transformer TF700T (retired)
Kindle Fire HD 8.9
HTC Rezound (sold)
ASUS TF201 (sold)
HTC Incredible (sold)

flhthemi
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Hicks View Post
Did you get the 32gb tablet? So far the 32gb is exclusive to Best Buy. I really wanted the 32gb but I don't like BBs 14 day return policy. I went with Amazon because it gave me a full month to decide if I wanted to keep it. I really don't get only 16gb of memory on a $500 tablet. The 32 gb in the TF700 is the only thing in my opinion better than the Galaxy S.

Yup got the 32GB version. I was thinking about that 12 inch tablet but after picking it up and holding it for a minute, I was done with that idea!

BB was good to me when I had the TF201 for 8-9 months and was so disgusted with it they took it back and did a full credit to a gift card so I turned around and got the 700.

Man this thing is fast.... Only gripe so far is you can't write directly to the external card! You have to root and make some changes or use an app that fixes it. I think it's a 4.4.2 KK issue and not samsungs....not sure.

Much lighter than the 700 as well makes it a pleasure to hold it!

I had an Antutu of 34259 out of the box...

Very happy so far with this!
Ain't I lucky?
MY TF700 won't unlock!