Post Reply

Thanks guys I'm moving on

OP Eddie Hicks

20th August 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #1  
Eddie Hicks's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
I want to thank all of the Dev's and members who helped me make my Infinity tolerable. I would have been done with it long ago if not for the ROMs and kernels that made the tablet somewhat decent. A special thanks to sbdags and _that. The TF700 was my second ASUS tablet after having owned the even worst TF201. I build desktops using ASUS motherboards so I know they are capable of making excellent products but their tablets are lacking. Anyway I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S tab 10.5" a month ago. All I can say is that I am very impressed and very satisfied. I did root only to use Titanium Backup and other root programs but everything runs so smoothly and fast I'll probably not bother with custom ROMs. Thank you all very much.
Last edited by Eddie Hicks; 20th August 2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Hicks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #2  
flhthemi's Avatar
Senior Member
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 25
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Yup some of the best motherboards around. I am on a P5GPL with a P4 this board has survived 2- power supplies blowing up, a memory board burnout and a hard drive that died. It's running win8 (not 8.1 not enough CPU power). I just can't kill it!

I had a TF201 and now a TF700. As far as I'm concerned one is NO better than the other. Both seem to have lag.

Galaxy or Toshiba may be MY next move but you can bet your sweet bippy it won't be another Asus. That's sad. It's also sad that this experience has caused me to NOT buy any Asus product no matter how good it may be.

Good luck with your new Sammy! I love my S4 phone!
23rd August 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #3  
flhthemi's Avatar
Senior Member
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 25
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Yesterday I did the same thing. Went to BestBuy and bought the Galaxy Tab S 10.5. So far I'm OK with it. It sure is quick and KK will take some getting used to. Only gripe I have is copying files to the ext_sdcard. (you can't do it with anything other than Sammie's file tool unless you root)

So I also wanted to say thanks to everyone here for listening to me whine, bitch and moan over the past two and a half years. Maybe now I'll shut up.

But I'm not leaving here.

1) I like this place
2) I still have the 700
3) I'll be in the Samsung section of XDA asking my stupid questions.
4) I like this place

So thanks again for all the help and moral support !
The Following User Says Thank You to flhthemi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
Eddie Hicks's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag South Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 31
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

Yesterday I did the same thing. Went to BestBuy and bought the Galaxy Tab S 10.5. So far I'm OK with it. It sure is quick and KK will take some getting used to. Only gripe I have is copying files to the ext_sdcard. (you can't do it with anything other than Sammie's file tool unless you root)

So I also wanted to say thanks to everyone here for listening to me whine, bitch and moan over the past two and a half years. Maybe now I'll shut up.

But I'm not leaving here.

1) I like this place
2) I still have the 700
3) I'll be in the Samsung section of XDA asking my stupid questions.
4) I like this place

So thanks again for all the help and moral support !

Did you get the 32gb tablet? So far the 32gb is exclusive to Best Buy. I really wanted the 32gb but I don't like BBs 14 day return policy. I went with Amazon because it gave me a full month to decide if I wanted to keep it. I really don't get only 16gb of memory on a $500 tablet. The 32 gb in the TF700 is the only thing in my opinion better than the Galaxy S.
26th August 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
flhthemi's Avatar
Senior Member
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 25
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Hicks

Did you get the 32gb tablet? So far the 32gb is exclusive to Best Buy. I really wanted the 32gb but I don't like BBs 14 day return policy. I went with Amazon because it gave me a full month to decide if I wanted to keep it. I really don't get only 16gb of memory on a $500 tablet. The 32 gb in the TF700 is the only thing in my opinion better than the Galaxy S.



Yup got the 32GB version. I was thinking about that 12 inch tablet but after picking it up and holding it for a minute, I was done with that idea!


BB was good to me when I had the TF201 for 8-9 months and was so disgusted with it they took it back and did a full credit to a gift card so I turned around and got the 700.


Man this thing is fast.... Only gripe so far is you can't write directly to the external card! You have to root and make some changes or use an app that fixes it. I think it's a 4.4.2 KK issue and not samsungs....not sure.


Much lighter than the 700 as well makes it a pleasure to hold it!


I had an Antutu of 34259 out of the box...


Very happy so far with this!
24th September 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #6  
rjspring's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Hicks

I want to thank all of the Dev's and members who helped me make my Infinity tolerable. I would have been done with it long ago if not for the ROMs and kernels that made the tablet somewhat decent. A special thanks to sbdags and _that. The TF700 was my second ASUS tablet after having owned the even worst TF201. I build desktops using ASUS motherboards so I know they are capable of making excellent products but their tablets are lacking. Anyway I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S tab 10.5" a month ago. All I can say is that I am very impressed and very satisfied. I did root only to use Titanium Backup and other root programs but everything runs so smoothly and fast I'll probably not bother with custom ROMs. Thank you all very much.


I echo the thanks to the developers. I've had my TF700 since launch and just this week installed CM11 M10, working great and looking forward to using the infinity as long as developers continue to write ROMs for it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF700 General by ThreadRank