[Q] Bluetooth (BLE) help

Search This thread

yogoboy

Mar 1, 2015
First and foremost, apologies in advance for any questions ≤ level 1 tech help. I will be experimenting for the first time.
I have been reading, and somewhere, someone said “read thrice, ask twice, and flash once”.
So my question is: Is there a custom rom that I can install that will support Bluetooth BLE?
I was able to install the Jawbone UP24 app to my TF700T, but the activity band will not pair since it requires Bluetooth BLE.
I’m pretty sure I need the android version JB 4.3 or better for the Bluetooth BLE. I’m hoping this is possible.
Thanks in advance for confirming the BLE possibility and any suggestions concerning a stable custom rom.
I have Android Version 4.1.1; Build number US_epad-10.4.4.25-20121228

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
First and foremost, apologies in advance for any questions ≤ level 1 tech help. I will be experimenting for the first time.
I have been reading, and somewhere, someone said “read thrice, ask twice, and flash once”.
So my question is: Is there a custom rom that I can install that will support Bluetooth BLE?
I was able to install the Jawbone UP24 app to my TF700T, but the activity band will not pair since it requires Bluetooth BLE.
I’m pretty sure I need the android version JB 4.3 or better for the Bluetooth BLE. I’m hoping this is possible.
Thanks in advance for confirming the BLE possibility and any suggestions concerning a stable custom rom.
I have Android Version 4.1.1; Build number US_epad-10.4.4.25-20121228

Update your firmware and then flash a modern ROM. JB 4.1. is outdated for a long time.

Not sure whether our old hags are BLE compatible but Wikipedia says, that BLE is supported only from Android 4.3 on, so with your current OS you are seated in the back row.

Last edited: