Default New Builder Question - Part II

So finally, after 2 months of barely being able to pick up my tablet because of work, I've been able to start playing around with building again. I've been able to build CM with that's kernel inline, and with some preinit scripting it runs great except for two issues.

First, and probably easiest to solve, I can't get any of the reboot commands to work. Regardless of hitting power off or reboot recovery, the tablet simply reboots. If it was happening in a language I'm more familiar with, I'd think it's not passing a variable to whatever controls the shutdown routine. But, I don't know if that's the issue or even where to look.

The second problem is more annoying and perhaps harder to diagnose, I have random screen blackouts. Things will continue to run in the background, but the screen goes dark. Hitting the power button will bring it back, and promptly lock the screen (apparently hitting the volume button also works as I just found out). It happens intermittently, I could go for an hour with no issues, and then have multiple blackouts over the course of the next 10 minutes. Makes it difficult to get a logcat when you never know if it's going to happen.

So I turn to this wonderful community for help once again. Anyone have any thoughts on what to try?

Thanks in advance,
Psudeke

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk