[Q] Crombi-kk stuck in boot animation? [SOLVED]

OP Goodfolk22

29th August 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boyds
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I'm new to the custom mod scene but finally really got feed up with the lag on my asus TF700T tablet. Although i made a couple of rookie mistakes, the install of Cromi-x 5.4 was fairly smooth. However, some of the appsi want to use now require a min android version 4.2.2 and Cromi-X is based on android 4.2.1. I thought i read that i can flash crombi-kk over CROMI-X, So I tried to flash Crombi-kk over Cromi-X. The flash went smoothly but when it booted, it appears to get stuck in the Crombi-kk boot animation screen. I let it sit for about 45 minutes with no change and recovered back to Cromi-X. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v 6.0.4.7. I think i saw another post recently that it may take up to 2 hours to build.
Was the system really stuck or was i just a bit too impatient? Can it take up to 2 hours in the boot animation screen?

I also tried to go back to the stock rom but the flash threw an error and aborted the flash process. If i need to go back to the stock rom, I will try again to get the exact error message.
Michael
Last edited by Goodfolk22; 31st August 2014 at 03:58 AM. Reason: updated title to add solved
29th August 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,524

1,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfolk22

I'm new to the custom mod scene but finally really got feed up with the lag on my asus TF700T tablet. Although i made a couple of rookie mistakes, the install of Cromi-x 5.4 was fairly smooth. However, some of the appsi want to use now require a min android version 4.2.2 and Cromi-X is based on android 4.2.1. I thought i read that i can flash crombi-kk over CROMI-X, So I tried to flash Crombi-kk over Cromi-X. The flash went smoothly but when it booted, it appears to get stuck in the Crombi-kk boot animation screen. I let it sit for about 45 minutes with no change and recovered back to Cromi-X. I'm running ClockworkMod Recovery v 6.0.4.7. I think i saw another post recently that it may take up to 2 hours to build.
Was the system really stuck or was i just a bit too impatient? Can it take up to 2 hours in the boot animation screen?

I also tried to go back to the stock rom but the flash threw an error and aborted the flash process. If i need to go back to the stock rom, I will try again to get the exact error message.
Michael

No it should never take 2 hours for anythings to happen.....

Let see what has happened and see if we can get you on the right path ....

What is your bootloader version ?

I would highly recommend installing the lastest TWRP 2.7.1.1 ......

Did you do a full wipe before installing our rom ?

That will be a good start for me to understand what is going on ....

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 926

2,828 posts
More
I'd be willing to put money down that you dirty flashed CROMBi-KK over CROMi-X, which you can't do since they have a different base. Well - you can, but the result would pretty much what you are seeing now..
Wipe data, cache and dalvik in recovery, reflash CROMBi-KK and it'll boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 01:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boyds

3 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

I'd be willing to put money down that you dirty flashed CROMBi-KK over CROMi-X, which you can't do since they have a different base. Well - you can, but the result would pretty much what you are seeing now..
Wipe data, cache and dalvik in recovery, reflash CROMBi-KK and it'll boot.

You were correct. I went back and wiped the data and cache via recovery and then wiped the dalvik cache which I did not do before (it was barried in the advanced section). Then flashed Crombi-KK. Everything went smoothly. Thanks for your help!

P.S., what is the dalvik cache?
31st August 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,524

1,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You were correct. I went back and wiped the data and cache via recovery and then wiped the dalvik cache which I did not do before (it was barried in the advanced section). Then flashed Crombi-KK. Everything went smoothly. Thanks for your help!

@Goodfolk22

Great to see you up and running ....

Can you add SOLVED to your thread title .....

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Boyds

3 posts
More
[Q] Crombi-kk stuck in boot animation? [SOLVED]
Ok and thaks again for your help.
31st August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 926

2,828 posts
More
Quote:

Glad you got it going. Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_(software)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread