Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CROMi-X seems to dislike a specific website...(this and video problems: choppy stream

OP drhode

23rd August 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

18 posts
I am having two weird problems with my tablet since I installed CROMi-X

The first is that one site stopped showing in all of my browsers (stock, Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin), except Opera in "Offroad mode". It just affects one site (www.terra.com.br ) : when I was in stock ROM, the site appeared as in desktop version. Now with CROMi-X, it just shows a derranged menu in plain text, and nothing eles: is not browsable anymore. Opera only reads the site as mobile (what is also bad to me, a lot of content is not available on mobile).

Thing is, Terra is one of the main news portals of my country, and I am really missing it :/

The second problem: it seems unable to display video in lower resolutions. I am trying to watch some live streamings, and it locks on a frozen image with only audio running or choppy images with no audio, and crashes soon after. In my mobile phone (Sony Xperia SP, rooted, stock ROM), I am able to watch the videos, as when the quality falls for any reason, it seems to "re-calculate" the displaying, and keeps showing the images (just in a smaller screen). In the TF700 it got impossible. I am using the very same player in both devices (MX Player). Android player also gives me the same in TF700 running CROMi-X (can't compare here as Xperia uses a specific player from Sony).

Perhaps is just a small tweak, a thing of settings that I am missing, but I really don't know what sort of adjust should I do to have things working again around here. Somebody have any idea about what I should do?
23rd August 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,243

11,667 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhode

I am having two weird problems with my tablet since I installed CROMi-X

The first is that one site stopped showing in all of my browsers (stock, Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin), except Opera in "Offroad mode". It just affects one site (www.terra.com.br ) : when I was in stock ROM, the site appeared as in desktop version. Now with CROMi-X, it just shows a derranged menu in plain text, and nothing eles: is not browsable anymore. Opera only reads the site as mobile (what is also bad to me, a lot of content is not available on mobile).

Thing is, Terra is one of the main news portals of my country, and I am really missing it :/

The second problem: it seems unable to display video in lower resolutions. I am trying to watch some live streamings, and it locks on a frozen image with only audio running or choppy images with no audio, and crashes soon after. In my mobile phone (Sony Xperia SP, rooted, stock ROM), I am able to watch the videos, as when the quality falls for any reason, it seems to "re-calculate" the displaying, and keeps showing the images (just in a smaller screen). In the TF700 it got impossible. I am using the very same player in both devices (MX Player). Android player also gives me the same in TF700 running CROMi-X (can't compare here as Xperia uses a specific player from Sony).

Perhaps is just a small tweak, a thing of settings that I am missing, but I really don't know what sort of adjust should I do to have things working again around here. Somebody have any idea about what I should do?

I'm sure I already responded to you somewhere else:

The first problem is probably related to the adblocker. Disable adblocking.

For the second look up how to get a logcat and then post a logcat of the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread