FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

download bootloader

Thanks Meter: 3
 
By bsammon, Member on 21st July 2014, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a place where I can download (old) bootloaders?
Or do I just have to download a full ROM image, and extract the bootloader from there?

I want to flash a different bootloader without flashing anything else.
 
 
21st July 2014, 07:22 AM |#2  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
More
Which one are you looking for? And why flash an old bootloader???
Upgrade/downgrade of the BL is usually done through flashing the official firmware. You can do it in fastboot, but that's risky stuff... Why would you?
21st July 2014, 05:10 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Which one are you looking for? And why flash an old bootloader???

I have ICS installed on my /system partition, and the 10.6.1.14.40 bootloader I recently installed fails to boot the ICS kernel that I usually use. (It does boot Ubuntu however)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Upgrade/downgrade of the BL is usually done through flashing the official firmware. You can do it in fastboot, but that's risky stuff... Why would you?

I have nvflash keys, so I like to live dangerously.
21st July 2014, 05:46 PM |#4  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsammon

I have ICS installed on my /system partition, and the 10.6.1.14.40 bootloader I recently installed fails to boot the ICS kernel that I usually use. (It does boot Ubuntu however)



I have nvflash keys, so I like to live dangerously.

I'll say....
I don't know of anyone collecting old bootloaders so you'll have to flash the system blob in fastboot I think.
Praetoriano had a collection of those: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946456

AFAIK you cannot downgrade to anything earlier than 9.4.5.30. That was the last ICS version
21st July 2014, 09:20 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,810
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

I'll say....
I don't know of anyone collecting old bootloaders

Now you do...

Code:
that@ws ~/android/tf700/bootloaders $ ls blob.EBT*
blob.EBT.10.4.4.16  blob.EBT.10.4.4.23        blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.4-US  blob.EBT.9.4.5.26
blob.EBT.10.4.4.18  blob.EBT.10.4.4.25-US     blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.4-WW  blob.EBT.9.4.5.30
blob.EBT.10.4.4.20  blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.10-WW  blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.8-US
@bsammon: which one do you want?
21st July 2014, 09:41 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Now you do...

Code:
that@ws ~/android/tf700/bootloaders $ ls blob.EBT*
blob.EBT.10.4.4.16  blob.EBT.10.4.4.23        blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.4-US  blob.EBT.9.4.5.26
blob.EBT.10.4.4.18  blob.EBT.10.4.4.25-US     blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.4-WW  blob.EBT.9.4.5.30
blob.EBT.10.4.4.20  blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.10-WW  blob.EBT.10.6.1.14.8-US
@bsammon: which one do you want?

Well.. I think I'd start with 9.4.5.30 -- in hopes that that is close enough to load my 9.4.5.26 kernel
And if that doesn't work, or if I'm feeling adventurous, I'd try the 9.4.5.26 image, and see if I can install it from the Flatline bootloader.

Or, you could send me all of them, and I'll find a website to host them on.
Last edited by bsammon; 21st July 2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo
21st July 2014, 11:30 PM |#7  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,358
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

Now you do...

LOL
Why am I not surprised? [emoji38]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Transformer TF700 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank