Let's make 5.0 more stable

Search This thread

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi there,

Not so long ago I bought a TF300T. It had a nice 5.0 ROM from Timduru (called KatKiss).
I wanted a better resolution tablet so I got a TF700T. I installed almost every possible ROM, but at least all the recommended ones, but none of them were close to the smoothness of timduru's ROM. Some ROMs were fine for a few days, but after few days, and a few hours of use, it got so slow, that it hurts.

I talked to timduru, and he told, that he would develope for TF700T, but he needs one, and it costs approximately 180 Euro in his country.
I know, that the developers here make a lot off efforts, and I'm very thankful for their work, but I think it would be great to get timduru, because he made some real magic with the TF300T.
I know, that KatKiss ROM runs on TF700T after installing another kernel, and tinkering the solution, but I think the kernel needs some more work too.

Please spread the woord!

I had to find a service to collect money, I'll need to ask one of my classmates from the US to receive the money, and give it to me in Danish Crown, so I can donate it to timduru in Euro. And I need to pay for this collecting service 5% fee.

Here is timduru's xda profile, and a Donate button under the banner
If you can, donate to him directly adding a comment: "TF700"

(Otherwise here is a campaign: gofundme.com/nsyrso)

Last edited:

grgmre

Feb 16, 2012
Tacoma
I think this is a great idea. I run Tim's rom on my TF101 (that my wife now uses every day since I upgraded to the TF700), and have done so from his very first version.

However, while I trust Tim (as far as you can trust anyone on the inetrnet), even having never met him, I don't know you. I'm sure you're a stand up guy, but I'd feel a lot more confident if Tim was convinced to set this up for himself so he'd get paid directly, rather than the money being passed through a middleman.

Even the donate page says,

This person will receive your donation directly.
All payments are final and cannot be refunded.
Only give to people you know and trust.

I know Tim might feel weird about doing this and I understand. But he should know there are more than a few of us moving on to TF700's and would love to see him over in this forum.

kansasboy001

Dec 23, 2013
First of all this belongs in general not development. Secondly the tf700 suffers from slow flash memory which greatly reduces the potential performance of our tablet. The lag is not from poor development as @sbdags and his team are one of the most knowledgeable small teams of developers I have ever seen on xda.

hks1234

Oct 19, 2008
But it would be interesting to have a 700 ROM with a different base, to see, perhaps differences.

First of all this belongs in general not development. Secondly the tf700 suffers from slow flash memory which greatly reduces the potential performance of our tablet. The lag is not from poor development as @sbdags and his team are one of the most knowledgeable small teams of developers I have ever seen on xda.

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think this is a great idea. I run Tim's rom on my TF101 (that my wife now uses every day since I upgraded to the TF700), and have done so from his very first version.

However, while I trust Tim (as far as you can trust anyone on the inetrnet), even having never met him, I don't know you. I'm sure you're a stand up guy, but I'd feel a lot more confident if Tim was convinced to set this up for himself so he'd get paid directly, rather than the money being passed through a middleman.

Even the donate page says,

I know Tim might feel weird about doing this and I understand. But he should know there are more than a few of us moving on to TF700's and would love to see him over in this forum.

You are right.
It would be easier to me to, if everyone interested in the idea would donate to timduru directly.

I had to find a service to collect money, I'll need to ask one of my classmates from the US to receive the money, and give it to me in Danish Crown, so I can donate it to timduru in Euro. And I need to pay for this collecting service 5% fee.

So it's actually a great idea to donate to timduru directly. Just mention "TF700" as a comment ;)

liljom

Mar 13, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark

Yes, I know, that it belongs to general, and I appreciate, that people allow it to be here. Developement thread is the most visited, and the subject is about getting more developers for the device.

Hats off for the developer team. Their efforts are highly appreciated. They do a lot for the community.
But believe me, the TF300's original ROM is not a bit better, than TF700's. The whole tablet family suffers from that ****ty flash. I had both tablets, and I tried almost everything for TF700 to get a similar performance as TF300 with KatKiss.

I had the TF300 first with 5.0, so installing 5.0 on Infinity was my first choice after getting it.
I tried it with EXT4, as it was originally. I tried it as DATA2SD, ROM2SD, I tried F2FS.
After that I went to 4.4 ROMs. Still no luck, so down to 4.3, and I sold the tablet with 4.2 CromiX.

TF300 wasn't that good either until android 5.0. But the 5.0 improvements, and timduru's efforts made some miracle. And seeing that miracle, I hope for something similar for the Infinity.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,

Not so long ago I bought a TF300T. It had a nice 5.0 ROM from Timduru (called KatKiss).
    I wanted a better resolution tablet so I got a TF700T. I installed almost every possible ROM, but at least all the recommended ones, but none of them were close to the smoothness of timduru's ROM. Some ROMs were fine for a few days, but after few days, and a few hours of use, it got so slow, that it hurts.

I talked to timduru, and he told, that he would develope for TF700T, but he needs one, and it costs approximately 180 Euro in his country.
    I know, that the developers here make a lot off efforts, and I'm very thankful for their work, but I think it would be great to get timduru, because he made some real magic with the TF300T.
    I know, that KatKiss ROM runs on TF700T after installing another kernel, and tinkering the solution, but I think the kernel needs some more work too.

Please spread the woord!

If you can, donate to him directly adding a comment: "TF700"

(Otherwise here is a campaign: gofundme.com/nsyrso)
    Hopefully @sbdags implements a few kernel tweaks that I told him about that should make things a lot smoother.