No registration required

TF700 remains in update mode

OP f@llo

21st August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Hello,

I started a factory reset in the menu of crombikk. The tablet rebooted an stayed in a screen with a green android man and a progress bar. I think it looks like the update recovery. I can restart it by pushing the power button for about 10 seconds, but it boots after the asus start screen into this screen. The tablet is shown on my computer when i connect it. When i try to restart it via fastboot it says 'waiting for device'.
What can i do to come back to recovery or into the rom? Are ther any fastboot commands to cancel the factory reset?

Pleas help me!

f@llo
22nd August 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,078

3,230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f@llo

Hello,

I started a factory reset in the menu of crombikk. The tablet rebooted an stayed in a screen with a green android man and a progress bar. I think it looks like the update recovery. I can restart it by pushing the power button for about 10 seconds, but it boots after the asus start screen into this screen. The tablet is shown on my computer when i connect it. When i try to restart it via fastboot it says 'waiting for device'.
What can i do to come back to recovery or into the rom? Are ther any fastboot commands to cancel the factory reset?

Pleas help me!

f@llo

First guess (and you shouldn't make me guess): Your recovery is some version of CWM.
Second guess: You did a facotry reset from Settings which is a no-no once you have a custom recovery installed (the same is true for Wipe Data from the bootloader btw: no-no-no)

The picture you see is CWM trying to finish the data wipe and you keep interrupting it. Connect the tablet to power and let if finish. It will take hours! But CWM usually gets through it. Other than TWRP. That recovery doesn't like it at all if you wipe from Settings or BL.

For future reference: Explore the options in your recovery. You can do any wipe desired from there safely. That's what it's for.
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Thank you so much.

The tablet works. And I thought already my idleness destroyed my tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread