What next for my TF700?

Search This thread

snevel

Oct 23, 2012
Hi all!

I managed (with much help from the folks here at XDA) to unlock and root my tablet almost as soon as I bought it (used on eBay,).

I started with Cromi-X , then Combi Xenogenesis followed by Crombi-KK.

There I stayed for many months. About a month ago my tablet became increasingly unusable. I had ANRs galore, spontaneous reboots, extreme lag and just plain freeze-ups.

I searched around and it seemed that KatKiss 5.1.1_30 was the latest available ROM that wasn't in release candidate status.

I installed it (via TWRP 2.8.4.0) after a full wipe and reformatting /Data to F2FS.

I've been running this way for a week and I'm very happy so far.

My goal is to have the fastest smoothest tablet I can have consistent with stability.

I don't care about having the latest greatest version of Android. I don't theme or really modify the looks of my tablet.

I am wondering if it is worth pursuing several additional changes:

Would ROM2SD and/or Data2SD really make a noticeable difference?
How fast would my SD Card have to be to make the attempt worthwhile?

Is there any particular reason for me to upgrade to the latest TWRP?

Is KatKiss 6.0 better, smoother, faster or more stable than what I'm running now?

I'd really appreciate any guidance folks would care to offer. Links to appropriate threads are of course welcome.

I've already found threads on how to do the things I'm thinking about but not so much on whether it's worth the effort.

adTHANKSvance!!

Simeon