[Q] New user to Cromi-X 5.4

OP el estrago

3rd September 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
First off thanks sdbags and everyone who helped make this awesome rom it really saved this tablet(tf700t) from the garbage can
As a first time user to rom flashing I do have a few questions and seeing as how the general is flooded I figured I'd make a new one in regards to the app Pimpmyrom.

If anyone can give me a hand I wanted to know if pimpmyrom is actually useful for anything on the Cromi-X rom? My battery life has always been crap and I can't seem to get it to work properly, at one point my Cooltool actually showed it skips percentages(91 jumps to 89) so I wanted to know if I were to use PMR what functions should I tick to get it to possibly save battery, currently using Ondemand governor with Row scheduler, also for anyone interested Volume+ works WAYYYYYY better than Nox or w/e was on the rom which I was surprised by. Also what should be avoided when working with PMR so as to avoid screen tearing and lags(managed to screw up and somehow ended up with screen tearing) as well as Entropy and if that setting should be changed(using Seeder or PMR) and if undervolting on the _that Kernel 1318 further would mess anything up?

Thanks sdbags and everyone again!
6th September 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,125

11,638 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el estrago

First off thanks sdbags and everyone who helped make this awesome rom it really saved this tablet(tf700t) from the garbage can
As a first time user to rom flashing I do have a few questions and seeing as how the general is flooded I figured I'd make a new one in regards to the app Pimpmyrom.

If anyone can give me a hand I wanted to know if pimpmyrom is actually useful for anything on the Cromi-X rom? My battery life has always been crap and I can't seem to get it to work properly, at one point my Cooltool actually showed it skips percentages(91 jumps to 89) so I wanted to know if I were to use PMR what functions should I tick to get it to possibly save battery, currently using Ondemand governor with Row scheduler, also for anyone interested Volume+ works WAYYYYYY better than Nox or w/e was on the rom which I was surprised by. Also what should be avoided when working with PMR so as to avoid screen tearing and lags(managed to screw up and somehow ended up with screen tearing) as well as Entropy and if that setting should be changed(using Seeder or PMR) and if undervolting on the _that Kernel 1318 further would mess anything up?

Thanks sdbags and everyone again!

sbdags

You can try pimpmyrom but I took the best bits anyway - so UV, OC/UC, kernel tweaks are all included.

Be careful as you can introduce a boot-loop if you don't know what you are doing.

I'd rather you use something like trickstermod off the store.
6th September 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

sbdags

You can try pimpmyrom but I took the best bits anyway - so UV, OC/UC, kernel tweaks are all included.

Be careful as you can introduce a boot-loop if you don't know what you are doing.

I'd rather you use something like trickstermod off the store.

Haha wow! sbdags!(proper now sorry!) thanks for the response! I was looking into trickster mod I honestly am just looking for a good battery w/o sacrificing too much performance. I have the _that kernal v5 1318 but is it already undervolted? and if so can it(or should it) be undervolted further?
Also my Governor is Ondemand and my i/o scheduler is Row should I change any of that? Is smartassv2 better and if I flashed it would it work on Cromi? What about SIO? sorry for all the questions just simple yes and no's is all I need except for the undervolting thing(-25,-50 or some value thats best) I haven't gotten any boot loops yet thankfully and I've always had a nandroid to be safe!
6th September 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,125

11,638 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el estrago

Haha wow! sbdags!(proper now sorry!) thanks for the response! I was looking into trickster mod I honestly am just looking for a good battery w/o sacrificing too much performance. I have the _that kernal v5 1318 but is it already undervolted? and if so can it(or should it) be undervolted further?
Also my Governor is Ondemand and my i/o scheduler is Row should I change any of that? Is smartassv2 better and if I flashed it would it work on Cromi? What about SIO? sorry for all the questions just simple yes and no's is all I need except for the undervolting thing(-25,-50 or some value thats best) I haven't gotten any boot loops yet thankfully and I've always had a nandroid to be safe!

I'm sure I put UV options in the installer. You can always drop -25 and test it using trickster. That doesn't support sio or smartass although I was happy with ondemamd and row. Hunds does support those though. Reinstall over the top and try different options. You won't lose anything by dirty flashing. You can also use the kernel installer.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread