[ROM]★★[KitKat 4.4.2][CROMi-X 7.0.2][18.104.22.168][Aug 24]★★
[Clean-ROM-Inheritance-Xenogenesis] by sbdags
TF701T USERS: YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED, ON THE ASUS STOCK KK 4.4.2 BOOTLOADER VERSION 22.214.171.124 AND HAVE A WORKING RECOVERY - CWM 126.96.36.199+ BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. SEE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW IF YOU ARE UNSURE
I recommend you do a full wipe if coming from another ROM source (CM11 , etc). Choose Wipe in CWM. If you UNLOCK it will also force you to WIPE. You can upgrade (dirty flash) over Asus Stock or CROMi-X 6.x but please WIPE if you have any issues.
You can restore data from Titanium Backups but please do not restore system data or apps from a previous version or another ROM if you want a nice clean smooth upgrade experience.
If you are coming from another source like Cyanogenmod or AOSP then you must wipe first. No excuses.
Please Unlock using the Asus Unlock Tool first found here.
Note installing and running this app will wipe your device and void your warranty.
Finally copy the ROM to a folder on your internal SD and flash it from Recovery, and reboot
Don't forget to do a Nandroid Backup first and give the ROM 5 mins to stabilise!
• CROMi-X is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 188.8.131.52 Kit Kat 4.4.2 WW release, bootloader and kernel. It has its roots in the original CleanROM by scrossler
• CROMi-X is targeted to towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want!
• CROMi-X is tuned for performance and built for stability!
• CROMi-X is true to stock in looks!
• CROMi-X can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) editions during the install process
• DEODEX version available.
• Aroma Installer with the following options:
• Locale: US or WW
• DPI Size: 320 (TF701 recommended), 300 (Medium fonts), 280 (Medium small fonts), 260 (Small fonts), 240 (Tiny fonts)
• Kernels: Stock modded kernel variants based from ASUS Stock 184.108.40.206 and CM11 4.4 kernel
• Launchers: Asus Stock, Google Experience, Apex , Nova
• Boot Animations: Asus Stock, CROMi-X Blue Fire, CROMi-X Fire and Water, Nexus Google
• Google Apps (optional in installer) : Calendar, News & Weather Genie, Gmail, Maps, Hangouts, YouTube, Google Now and Voice Search, Google Music, Street View for Maps, Document Viewer, Gallery, Picasa, Chrome Browser, Google+, Google TTS, Ears, Books, Magazines, Movies, Games
• Asus Apps (optional in installer) : File Manager, Miracast, Calendar, App Backup (currently not working), App Locker, Studio, Story, SuperNote, Video Editor, Web Storage, MyFrame, My Dictionary, Splendid, MyLibrary, Tasks, Asus Live Wallpapers (Asus Day Scene, MyWater & MyWater II), Parental Control, AOLink, Asus Music, Omlet Chat, Quick Memo, Asus Translation, What's Next, Press Reader, Asus Party, Zinio Magazines
• Misc Apps (optional in installer): Terminal, ESFile Explorer, Adobe Flash, AdAway, Titanium Backup, DropBox, LMT Pie Control, Keyboard Manager, Kindle
• Apps Removed: Tegra Zone, BitCast, Flipboard, CM Client, DM Client (calling home apps)
• File system and performance tweaks!
• Init.d support!
• Zip align and SQL Lite tweaks on boot!
• Browser performance tweaks (Extra menu with OpenGL Rendering, Light Touch and CPU Upload Path enabled)
• Browser2RAM init.d scripts (Stock Browser, Dolphin, Firefox, Naked Browser and Chrome + many more)
• Fixes to SDCard permissions built into ROM
• Continued Best Support of any ROM!
How to Flash
Make sure you have prepared by copying the ROM zip file to your internal SD card first.
You can flash CWM 220.127.116.11 using the instructions here.
To flash a recovery you need to have the fastboot.exe file and cwm recovery.img file in the same folder.
Right click + shift on the folder they are in and choose open command prompt here
Boot into the Bootloader by either booting with the Power and Volume Down Buttons held down until you get the 3 icons or by typing the following into the command prompt.
Then type the following commands to flash the recovery image:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Use the bootloader and CWM upgrade zips below if you are already running a custom rom and recovery - just flash from recovery then install CROMi-X
KITKAT 4.4.2 18.104.22.168 WW BOOTLOADER AND CWM 22.214.171.124 FLASHABLE ZIP DOWNLOAD
126.96.36.199 WW Bootloader AND CWM 188.8.131.52 Download Mirror 1
MD5 Sum: bfc398ba0fbac6607cbc38e470b35c6f
KITKAT 4.4.2 184.108.40.206 US BOOTLOADER AND CWM 220.127.116.11 FLASHABLE ZIP DOWNLOAD
18.104.22.168 US Bootloader AND CWM 22.214.171.124 Download Mirror 1
MD5 Sum: d81e9a201b797bbcbe8b9090d7ce4c92f
Start the recovery by making sure the RCK icon is highlighted (use volume down to move) and push volume up to select.
In recovery choose install zip - install zip from /sdcard and maneuver to the folder you put the rom.zip (vol up and down) and select it using power button.
The AROMA installer will start - as we have no touch screen drivers in CWM yet you will have to use VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN to navigate and POWER to select. Choose as many options as you require
Finally reboot when finished.
DEODEX VERSION DOWNLOAD
CROMi-X 7.0.2 DOWNLOAD MIRROR 1
CROMi-X 7.0.2 DOWNLOAD MIRROR 2
md5sum : 220736fe4534aa5d0bafcdf8e7e3f7e8
Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars
Care to support the development of this and future ROMS? Please click the Donate to Me button on the left side of the screen under my user name
CROMi-X TF701T, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF701
ROM OS Version:
ROM Firmware Required:
126.96.36.199 Bootloader and CWM 188.8.131.52 both included
Current Stable Version:
Stable Release Date: