FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM]★★[KitKat 4.4.2][CROMi-X 7.1 b4][11.4.1.29][Mar 08]★★

Announcement from sbdags: CROMi-X 7.1 BETA Released!
Today, 05:45 AM |#671  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Well, that's it for me! I'm giving up on this ROM! As you know, I was having trouble with receiving the msg in SuperSU saying that there's "no SU.Bin installed" and apps that need Root wouldn't work. Nothing would fix it, not even reinstalling the ROM.

I thought I narrowed it down to "SetCPU" and I ended up Factory Wiping my tablet, manually deleting apps' leftovers etc., to make the tablet super clean. I then installed your ROM again (both Zips).

It seemed to work fine after that (NO SetCPU) and I even decided to manually install my apps again, so everything will be fresh & clean. In fact, it was running so well, that I even deleted my 4.3 NanDroid backup!

But now, all of the sudden today, it happened again (every other boot)! I tried fixing the problem with the two Zips and even tried the latest SuperSU "Update.Zip", but with no luck! And this was after almost a full day (the 2nd day) of working on my tablet!

Going thru all of this makes it rough on me physically because I have to sit up to do it, which means that I end up going thru my meds twice as fast (which I'll have to make up for painfully later), so I can't just keep playing with it day after day.

Of course, now I have no way to easily get back to 4.3

Can I assume though, that if I wipe and want to go back to your v6 ROM, that having the newer Bootloader won't cause any problems?

Today, 05:59 AM |#672  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Well, that's it for me! I'm giving up on this ROM! As you know, I was having trouble with receiving the msg in SuperSU saying that there's "no SU.Bin installed" and apps that need Root wouldn't work. Nothing would fix it, not even reinstalling the ROM.

I thought I narrowed it down to "SetCPU" and I ended up Factory Wiping my tablet, manually deleting apps' leftovers etc., to make the tablet super clean. I then installed your ROM again (both Zips).

It seemed to work fine after that (NO SetCPU) and I even decided to manually install my apps again, so everything will be fresh & clean. In fact, it was running so well, that I even deleted my 4.3 NanDroid backup!

But now, all of the sudden today, it happened again (every other boot)! I tried fixing the problem with the two Zips and even tried the latest SuperSU "Update.Zip", but with no luck! And this was after almost a full day (the 2nd day) of working on my tablet!

Going thru all of this makes it rough on me physically because I have to sit up to do it, which means that I end up going thru my meds twice as fast (which I'll have to make up for painfully later), so I can't just keep playing with it day after day.

Of course, now I have no way to easily get back to 4.3

Can I assume though, that if I wipe and want to go back to your v6 ROM, that having the newer Bootloader won't cause any problems?

why don't you try it? you can always restore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread