Tablet w/ keyboard

Search This thread

vampyric_blood

Nov 23, 2013
So I am back after i lost my beloved TF700 about 6 months ago. I am now on the prowl for a new tablet and i really want one with a dock again. I plan on using it as a laptop replacement so the keyboard and the full size USB are a huge plus to me. The battery makes it even better. So i remeber sbdags praising the TF701 back then when i first lost my tablet. My thing is this, should i go for the TF701 or is there a better option out there with a dock? Also, has anyone heard anything, good or bad about the new TF303? I know its european and such only right now, but that is the beauty of buying online, and who knows, they may eventually bring it to the states.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
If you like the form factor, USB, microSD and SD card slots on Android it's tough to find an alternative to the TF700/701. Lots more options on the Windows side, but.... it's Windows.....
I love the TF701 and since it's not been very popular (read about the wobble/disconnect issues with the dock) you can get the combo for under $300. Pretty hard to beat for a tablet with these specs.
The new Nexus 9 with it's folding cover/keyboard looks interesting. But Nexus never had external storage and that's a deal breaker for me.
Don't know about the 303. It has LTE right? I'm not interested paying for another data plan and wouldn't hold my breath seeing it on the US market, probably due to the strangle hold and extremely unattractive data plans US carriers have and offer.

toanau

Jul 30, 2011
I am curious could we hack the Chromebook to install Android

Slim-bacon