Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

TF701 replacement coming first quarter 2015?

OP pelago

26th November 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

90 posts
I don't know how accurate this is, but I've just been talking to my account manager at a UK-based IT supplier, on behalf of my company. We wanted to buy a TF701T, but the supplier cannot source one. He says he has checked all his distributors, and even Asus UK themselves. Apparently the TF701T is now end-of-life, which is not that surprising given it came out about a year ago. (Yes, I realise it's still in stock on Amazon etc., but those aren't the kind of suppliers we use).

More interestingly, he told me that Asus UK told him that "the replacement for the 701 will not be out until the first quarter of next year". He didn't have any more details, and as I say, I don't know how accurate that is (by "replacement" that could mean anything from a lower-spec tablet like the 502 or a Windows tablet), but I thought it was interesting enough to post here.

Let the speculation begin!
27th November 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 8

108 posts
I just hope its android... There are plenty of good android tablets out there but the keyboard dock form factor is why i keep buying the Asus Transformer. I'm on my third: TF101 > TF300 > TF701.

If you can get a TF701 with a working dock then in my opinion its the best tablet on the market!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mashed_ash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 45

251 posts
I hope it will be an absolute beast, 4 gig, SD 810 premium built. I've been tempted to upgrade from my tf 300 but the dock issues and lower built quality compared to the x2 made me why away
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread