No registration required

TF701 any negatives

OP lartomar2002

21st June 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 106

1,279 posts
I am trading-in my TF700 for a TF701. Has anyone that has had theirs for a while found any negatives? If you had it to do over would you still get the TF701 or something else? If something else what would it be?
23rd June 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
I've had some occasionally odd screen behavior. I had to send it back for repair because the phantom touches made it unusable.
Now once in a while an area near the edge might not respond. It's usually very minor.
Despite that I am very happy with it. There's more development going on so there are now four kitkat roms that I know of.
It's very fast. Apps, home screens (Nova) and menus don't hesitate. I'm coming from an Xperia tablet Z. We also have a nexus 7 and an lg g pad 8.3. All are good. I like this one best.
I also like the proprietary charging port. It's sturdier. On my Z the plug would get the slightest pressure and start to bend or fall out.
23rd June 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #3  
Flag Morocco
Thanks Meter: 149

334 posts
More
I have no problems at all! My first and best tablet so far I have it since last november!
23rd June 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,209

11,662 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best tablet I ever used too! And it's got CROMi-X and CROMBi-kk on it as well - what more could you ask for?
23rd June 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 57

499 posts
I can see room for improvement in the software.
i mean for all devices anyway,
but improvements are coming every day from open source.
So we will see what exciting things are yet to come.
28th June 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
Thumbs up
I had occasional issues such having to restart the tablet to have it download from the play store and the occasional lock up due to too many apps. Most of these issues were solved by sbdags and not by ASUS with CROMi-X. Depressed me I had to unlock my bootloader to get maximum functionality but it is what it is. I still love my tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devolution1x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 26

457 posts
More
I'm in fairly the same situation as the OP right now. So, aside from the docking being loose (which can be fixed with a simple mod), most of the issues are software related and could be all cleared through a custom ROM?

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread