[Q] Dock not charging, but drains the tablet?

Search This thread

redecal

Oct 1, 2008
Amsterdam
hi all,

just bought a 2nd hand TF701T but the dock won't charge at all. When charger is connected only to the dock, the light keeps flashing red even after being on the charger all night. When I connect the tablet to the dock, dock remains at 0% charge no matter what.

I also have a sneaky suspicion the dock drains the tablet because I left the tablet in the dock at about 85% charged, next morning it was empty.

dock has latest firmware (i think) and i've reverted the tablet back to stock to see if i could check for an update.

any ideas or do have send the dock to asus?

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
hi all,

just bought a 2nd hand TF701T but the dock won't charge at all. When charger is connected only to the dock, the light keeps flashing red even after being on the charger all night. When I connect the tablet to the dock, dock remains at 0% charge no matter what.

I also have a sneaky suspicion the dock drains the tablet because I left the tablet in the dock at about 85% charged, next morning it was empty.

dock has latest firmware (i think) and i've reverted the tablet back to stock to see if i could check for an update.

any ideas or do have send the dock to asus?
I would send it to asus. As far as i know some docks have this kind of problem

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

redecal

Oct 1, 2008
Amsterdam
I would send it to asus. As far as i know some docks have this kind of problem

Asus stated that my warranty is void because the tablet is unlocked, so they want to charge 75 euro handling costs for even looking at it and if they repair, charge for that on top of it.

This is kind of a bummer, because a new dock is 130 dollar and if the dock has similar issues: tablet is still unlocked so no warranty?

Good one Asus! Will probably ditch the TF701 and go for something else. pfff should have known better after the TF700...

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
Ok but the dock isnt unlocked, so in my opinion warranty is void on tablet not on dock

Reactions: mightbme

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
Write them, unlocking voids only tablet warranty. Also on Facebook, G+ and Twitter. Thats a shame

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
The funny part: my warranty is void on both the tablet and dock because i've unlocked the tablet.
So I've asked Asus if I would get warranty if I buy a new dock and they responded:

"If you buy a new dock online, the warranty is not related to unlocking the tablet"

:confused:
Thats just criminal ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok but the dock isnt unlocked, so in my opinion warranty is void on tablet not on dock

Thats just criminal ???

yup, put the TF701T for sale without the dock and ordered an HP SlateBook.

One less customer for Asus to worry about...
    Not sure of laws in your country, but I would give them one more warning and then hand it over to an ombudsman or similar authority if you have one.