No registration required

Dock Firmware Update Failed

OP royredman

4th September 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

470 posts
More
Hi, I just updated to 4.3 on this tablet and recieved the keyboard in today. I was really excited to try it out. When I first plugged in the keyboard dock into the 4.3 version tablet, It was updating the dock firmware. When it got to the end, it said that the dock firmware update failed. If needed, I can give the firmware number if you wanted to, but I want to update the dock firmware WHILE remaining on 4.3. I don't want to move to 4.4.2 for the battery drain issues, but I want my dock up to date (on 4.3) on its firmware. Please help!!
6th September 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,075

3,225 posts
More
You have no other issues with that dock?
Disconnects when you move the screen?
Wobble in the tablet connection?
Does the dock charge the tablet?
The failing dock update seems to go hand-in-hand with one or more of those problems above.
I RMA'd the dock to Asus for those problems (including the ever failing dock update) and they fixed it. Others have not been that lucky...
Check the production date on the box the dock came in. If it is 11/2013 or earlier try to get a more recent one or contact Asus for a RMA.
Can't believe they are still selling these POCs.....
7th September 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

470 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

You have no other issues with that dock?
Disconnects when you move the screen?
Wobble in the tablet connection?
Does the dock charge the tablet?
The failing dock update seems to go hand-in-hand with one or more of those problems above.
I RMA'd the dock to Asus for those problems (including the ever failing dock update) and they fixed it. Others have not been that lucky...
Check the production date on the box the dock came in. If it is 11/2013 or earlier try to get a more recent one or contact Asus for a RMA.
Can't believe they are still selling these POCs.....

I actually had most of those issues happen with this keyboard. Haha. Luckily I was able to ship it back for a different one. Also, it was a 2014.04 model. I got real nervous quick about it and am hopping for a better replacement.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
16th September 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

470 posts
More
OK, so I just got the second replacement. This time, the dock firmware didn't change, is there a way I can manually install the dock firmware update for the 4.3 version of the tf701t?

by the way, i am on mobileDock version EC32T-0205 (is that the 4.3 version update??)

Last edited by royredman; 16th September 2014 at 01:44 AM.
16th September 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,254

11,668 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman

OK, so I just got the second replacement. This time, the dock firmware didn't change, is there a way I can manually install the dock firmware update for the 4.3 version of the tf701t?

by the way, i am on mobileDock version EC32T-0205 (is that the 4.3 version update??)

Yes that is the latest version (also the 4.4.2 version as well)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread