[Q] Loop in bootanimation after update to CROMi-X 7.0.2

Search This thread

aMachi

May 8, 2014
No need for a graphical screenshot - you can copy the text from the console window.

Here the copy/paste from bootclasspath.txt and framework.txt:

bootclasspath.txt
/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/telephony-common.jar:/system/framework/voip-common.jar:/system/framework/mms-common.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar

framework.txt
ls: /system/framework: No such file or directory

Thanks to everyone for the help.

aMachi

May 8, 2014
Looks like there's no framework installed on your system?! Output of

please.

Here
__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for localtime!

__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for GMT!

__bionic_open_tzdata: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jan 1 1970 bin

Anyway, if i enter in /system/framework from ES Explorer i can see that the directory with a lot of file in. Maybe a screenshot can help?

Last edited:

aMachi

May 8, 2014
Er how are you able to get to ESFileExplorer if the rom doesn't boot?

Restore the backup and then use File Explorer. I'm using the previous version of cromix right now.
Mmmmh.. I'm thinking, maybe _that want the two .txt files when i have the latest version of the rom or those two that i copy above are also good?

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Restore the backup and then use File Explorer. I'm using the previous version of cromix right now.
Mmmmh.. I'm thinking, maybe _that want the two .txt files when i have the latest version of the rom or those two that i copy above are also good?

It doesn't matter, apparently you have solved the problem anyway and your tablet boots again.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
No, my problem is that if i update to Cromix 7.0.2 tablet get loop in boot animation.

I think you are confusing us! :)

Forget 4.3 for the minute. Of course you can see your system on 4.3 as it boots.

What you are saying is that it won't boot on 4.4.2. Running _that's commands on 4.3 is irrelevant.

Whilst it is bootlooping on 4.4.2 please provide a logcat over adb - which you already did.

Your issue appears to be that the rom doesn't install properly.

Redownload it again, turn on signature verification and try again please. I suspect a bad download now.

aMachi

May 8, 2014

Forget 4.3 for the minute. Of course you can see your system on 4.3 as it boots.

What you are saying is that it won't boot on 4.4.2. Running _that's commands on 4.3 is irrelevant.

Whilst it is bootlooping on 4.4.2 please provide a logcat over adb - which you already did.

Redownload it again, turn on signature verification and try again please. I suspect a bad download now.

Ok! Maybe my bad english doesn't help :(
Anyway, i remember that i download the rom from the 2 mirror. I'll try to download it from number 1 now and re-do the installation.
@_that do you need the two text files create with adb with 4.4.2 installed?

@sdbags i'm installing the rom downloaded from mirror 1, but the md5 is different. I copy the one in the topic of the rom and when using md5checker it say me that the md5 is 9DA1D42FC77AB805038E26EA7E45A2E2 .

Last edited:

aMachi

May 8, 2014
@sdbags i'm installing the rom downloaded from mirror 1, but the md5 is different. I copy the one in the topic of the rom and when using md5checker it say me that the md5 is 9DA1D42FC77AB805038E26EA7E45A2E2 .

Forgot this, i didn't notice that my connection interrupt the download of the rom and i was md5checking a corrupted file.
Sorry.

edit: Made another download of the rom, re-install everything then toggle signature verification and install the rom. Bootanimation loop again.

EDIT IMPORTANT!: Ok, i find a "solution". By toggle signature verification and install the rom without your kernel but with the CM11 kernel selected in the aroma installer the bootanimation goes right and never get in loop. So now i'm in 4.4.2 without problems. The tab seems to work fine.

Last edited:

ZIGGYMEOW

Feb 28, 2014

I'm currently suffering from the same problem. Just upgraded from chromi 6 ( which was an amazing ROM btw) Do i need to use the CM kernel too?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

just wanted to confirm that after flashing the CM kernel instead of the stock optimized version , I am now over the bootloop. is there a fix for this because i have never used CM and would much rather the optimized stock version as it was flawless for me in the previous chromi X Rom.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm currently suffering from the same problem. Just upgraded from chromi 6 ( which was an amazing ROM btw) Do i need to use the CM kernel too?

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

just wanted to confirm that after flashing the CM kernel instead of the stock optimized version , I am now over the bootloop. is there a fix for this because i have never used CM and would much rather the optimized stock version as it was flawless for me in the previous chromi X Rom.

Did you try redownloading it again and checking the signature verification in CWM before you flash?