Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What problems to look out for when buying this tablet

Tip us?

Msathome3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tablet and Keyboard Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by royredman View Post
Hi, I just bought this tablet (wont get it for 3 weeks ), but I wanted to get an opinion on what to look out for. I heard that I don't need to worry about the build date so much since their wasn't many problems with the tablet when it came out? (is that correct??)

Should I look for dead pixels or broken digitizer? Also, was the screen coming out of the tablet an issue also? and was there a way to figure it out before it actually happens?

So, please let me know of any problems I can look out for and how I can detect it. thanks for the help!!
My tablet went back for replacement because of loose glass. Also keyboard at the same time because of disconnection issues.

They replaced the tablet but sent back the keyboard saying there was no issue.

Sent back the keyboard a second time... Every time i tough the tablet when in dock it disconnects and reconnects. They returned it a second time saying nothing was wrong.

I just gave up on using the keybaord with the tablet and use it to charge the tab when im not near a power plug now.

ToniDaTyga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msathome3 View Post
My tablet went back for replacement because of loose glass. Also keyboard at the same time because of disconnection issues.

They replaced the tablet but sent back the keyboard saying there was no issue.

Sent back the keyboard a second time... Every time i tough the tablet when in dock it disconnects and reconnects. They returned it a second time saying nothing was wrong.

I just gave up on using the keybaord with the tablet and use it to charge the tab when im not near a power plug now.
I use my tablet with the keyboard on a desk only with a mouse like a laptop. I don't have any disconnection issues that way because it's on a steady surface. I carry a tablet stand with me when I want to be portable. However, when I'm flying in a plane, I connect it to the keyboard and keep it shut off until ready to use it so it stays charged. I also use a POETIC brand case that holds a stylus in the back so my tablet experience is a little better. I really like this tablet and keep the keyboard use to a minimum. I was really dismayed when I saw how much I spent on the tablet/keyboard combo and then to have quality control issues with the keyboard. This is how I cope with it.