Screen much brighter on one side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
So. Recently got my second transformer. After a few hours use it switched off and refused to turn on at full brightness - in the dark i could just just see icons on the homescreen. After a while it seemed to tun on again. Crazy. So i updated to and used latest 4.4.2 stock for a day, the screen was working perfectly at all brightness levels, uniform, no light bleed. Then i flashed a few of the available CM based roms. This morning, a few days in, i notice that the backlight is much much stronger on the right.

At low brightness it was completely ridiculous. Its like one of the rows of leds wasnt on at all. So i reflashed a backup i had from install day and now everything is just fine - uniform brightness, working perfectly. It seems to be a driver bug. But how did it survive me going from kernel to kernel?

So now im wondering if its a hardware issue... any thoughts?

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Ive now noticed this happening on a number of occasions to different rows of the backlight - sometimes at bootom, sometimes at bottom and right. Anyone else seeing something like this?

rootcid

Dec 3, 2013
Sounds like hardware to me...

I flashed the latest cm and this seems to have stopped happening so looks like driver issues. However, the screen continues turn off sometimes, and when it does it needs two presses of the power button to turn back on. Its a crazy thing asus - i had the last infinity too, sold it after a few months because it just wasnt as good as my nexus 10. And now this... pretty amusing.

Dunno why i keep buying asus. Must be my good experience with their motherboards or something... usually they also have excellent support and firmware updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.