Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is this keyboard dock good

Tip us?

wakkaday
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Is this keyboard dock good

Asus Accessory TF701T-DOCK-AD02 Transformer Pad Tablet PC Keyboard B95716 873

Just ordered from eBay
Anyone know if I will have problems what do I need to look forgot check keyboard is good

Does anyone use the keyboard dock regularly
Is it good to type
Is the trackback any good

Thanks

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crack_monkey
Old
(Last edited by crack_monkey; 25th July 2014 at 09:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post

Just ordered from eBay
Anyone know if I will have problems what do I need to look forgot check keyboard is good

Is it good to type

Thanks

As is see its the standard keyboard for Asus TF701T. The only thing that u have to check is the Keyboard FW when it arrive, cause FW under 2013.11 have the disconnect issue, so the keyboard disconnects and u have to unplug/ plug it to solve the problem.

SO when its under 2013.11 u have to update it first. But i dont know if we could seperate update the keyboard, does anyone tried it before?

greetz

monkey

P.S.: I bought the Pad with Keyboard. I love it, feels good at writing, the buttons are big enough and the touchpad also do his work great. After Updateing in the first time with the TF701 i had no problems again with the dock. The USB3 port works good, high transfer rate and no problems with watching direct from the usb.

I do a lot with the pad and dock, much homework over citrix and it works great with keyboard.

The only little thing i miss, is the light at the keyboard, but i think im only spoiled by my lenovo T540p ^^

EDIT: correction: FW under 2013.11 have the issue, with 2013.11 and higher sould it work without problems.
ROM: 4.2.2 SuperSlim XXUBMF8 Galaxy S4
Theme: Standard
CWM: Philz Touch Recovery
Kernel: "Hacker Kernel V2: Feel the Speed"

talion777
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The biggest benefit to getting a Transformer is getting the keyboard. That's its claim to fame and its reason for being. The keyboard gives you that extra battery time and connectivity with USB that is the main, if not the only, reason that I got the Transformer in the first place and why I upgraded to the new model. If you do a lot of typing for work, or need the extra battery life then get one. With the keyboard connected you essentially have a type of netbook and you have built in protection for your screen so you don't need a case. Try to get one with a build date in 2014 though.

alan_li
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Just ordered from eBay

Is it good to type

Thanks

It depends on how your behavior towards functions of the docking (i.e keyboard, function keys, mouse pad, USB 3.0, SD card reader, external battery). For me, I love it so much. I fully utilize all functions about the docking. i.e pluged a USB hub with a mouse and a 16GB USB memory stick to save my doc. it sometimes share a bit battery to my phone in very urgent case.

however, u may stuck if there is firmware version difference or Dalvik cache problem.
so far, ASUS's hardware quality is wonderful but the supporting matters are terrible.
Don't worry! you may find the solutions in this forum.
Dell Streak 5
[ROM] Streak MIUI 2.4.20

Samsung Galaxy Note II N7105        SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4
[ROM][OFFICIAL] [4.3]            [ROM][OFFICIAL] [4.3]

Asus Transformer TF701
[KitKat 4.4.2][CROMi-X 7.0][Asus Optimized | DEODEX 11.4.1.17]
CROMi-X 7

Joepo77
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Default TF701 dock connection

Quote:

Just ordered from eBay

Is it good to type

Thanks

Hi to you,

I read quite some threads about this TF701 dock connection and I have quite some experience with it.
Situation seems to be as follows:

The newer 2014 dock models appear to have a better grip and a slight more flexible electrical connector to maintain connection during mechanical movements. But over time the problem still exists depending on the use. It is a mechanical hinge design imperfection that did not change between 2013 and 2014 models. I expect Asus will not give the existing dock productline a redesign since the tablet has to be changed as well. With product life sycles of about 2 years it just does not make sense for a manufacturor to do that.

Therefor this TF701 instability will stay part of the 'specifications'. Besides that, the TF701 is a blast of a tablet, with stunning speed and resolution. Especially with the recent KitKat 4.4.2 update. Almost one year on the market, it still can measure with more recent and more expensive competitors. So this makes the TF701 still high performance for money.

It is difficult to track the dock production dates. It is only on the box they are packed in. So hard to discover the production year from the product code itself. Anyway, If your tablet-dock combination still have a mechanical or electrical issue over time, a modification kit is available as a solution for fixing both issues in 2 minutes. It took me quite some time to find out the exact match in material, shape, thickness and placement to overcome this weak design. The result on video shows a firm and stable grip between tablet and dock, including a reliable electrical connection. And it will last.