FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

View Poll Results: Do you think that Ubuntu Touch will have a future?

Yes

62 Vote(s)
95.38%
No

3 Vote(s)
4.62%

Android app port to Ubuntu Touch

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey!
We know, that we can't run Android apps on Ubuntu Touch. The UT is a great operating system, but it has a big problem. It doesn't have any "neccessary" or "must have" applications NOW. These apps are the following by the community's opinion: FacebookMessenger, WhatsApp, Google Maps, a browser (like Chrome, Opera mini or Firefox), instagram, etc.

So, I want to know, that we are possible to port these (or any other) Android apps to UT, or not? If the answer is yes, i want to create a team. In this team i want to port Android apps, or create this apps alternatives.
The Following User Says Thank You to DLevai94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th October 2013, 02:06 PM |#2  

More
Guess not much up in the forums
The Following User Says Thank You to psyce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 04:37 PM |#3  
Flag IJmuiden

More
Wink Request: Simyo Call Status App [Netherlands]
Hi there,

I haven't been on the xda forums a lot since the end of 2009 I believe but, since Canonical announced Ubuntu Touch this year, I have my reasons to pick up browsing the forums again. The Ubuntu Touch region, specifically.

Now, you were asking if there's any Android Apps to port to Ubuntu Touch.
I have a request that might not be of interest to a lot of people but will get pretty important to me once a 'user version' of Ubuntu Touch is released:

Simyo Netherlands provides an App to check your current "Belstatus" or call status.
This app provides me (on my iPhone) with the current remaining minutes/sms messages and remaining data (megabyte) for the current month within the contract.

Below the link to the Android equivalent in the Play Store, which might be portable to an Ubuntu Touch app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...imyo.mijnsimyo

Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in doing.
I might be of some help being a C# programmer, but I still need to check out the Ubuntu Touch SDK (my HTML5 and QML knowledge is poor) and that's something I won't be able to very soon....
The Following User Says Thank You to frummel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2013, 11:27 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Miskolc

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frummel

I might be of some help being a C# programmer, but I still need to check out the Ubuntu Touch SDK (my HTML5 and QML knowledge is poor) and that's something I won't be able to very soon....

I have a little bit of C# knowledge, but i'm good in HTML5, so this is a good beginning i think.
5th November 2013, 10:23 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLevai94

I have a little bit of C# knowledge, but i'm good in HTML5, so this is a good beginning i think.

You can port any already existing apps that are found on Android, you just need the API from the app developers.
The Following User Says Thank You to darkforester67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 08:46 AM |#6  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thumbs up
Google Maps
18th February 2014, 09:39 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same here.. looking to port my android apps to ubuntu touch, developed using java..
is there some porting apps like Command Tools in Blackberry OS10
19th February 2014, 08:44 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srdananjaya

same here.. looking to port my android apps to ubuntu touch, developed using java..
is there some porting apps like Command Tools in Blackberry OS10

No, there's no tool like that for Ubuntu Touch (yet?).
11th August 2015, 09:35 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'd be willing to port my Android apps to Ubuntu touch. Does the work need to be done from scratch? Is there a simpler way to port a java, native, android app to Ubuntu?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread