Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

[CLI] Background Changer app [Aug-7-2013]

OP blmvxer

31st July 2013, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
Figured out how to change the background in Ubuntu Touch. )

You just need to copy the appropriate picture to /home/phablet/Pictures/

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sudo echo
Sleep 1
ls /home/phablet/Pictures/
sleep 3
echo "Please enter a file from /home/phablet/Pictures for New Background:"
read filename
result=$filename
sudo cp /home/phablet/Pictures/$result /usr/share/unity8/graphics/tablet_background.jpg
sudo cp /home/phablet/Pictures/$result /usr/share/unity8/graphics/phone_background.jpg
echo "Ubuntu Touch will reboot in 3 seconds"
notify-send "Background Changed" "$result"
sleep 3
sudo reboot -p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	2156083  
Last edited by blmvxer; 8th August 2013 at 01:57 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blmvxer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st August 2013, 03:06 PM   |  #2  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
This app will not work as of an update to unity8 and unity8-private from last night.

Will mess around and try to fix it.

With this update it'll read the Pictures folder so you don't have to remember the exact file name.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
1st August 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #3  
darkforester67's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
56 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmvxer

This app will not work as of an update to unity8 and unity8-private from last night.

Will mess around and try to fix it.

With this update it'll read the Pictures folder so you don't have to remember the exact file name.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app


FINNNNALLLLLLYYYYY!!!, thank you so much. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to darkforester67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2013, 01:56 AM   |  #4  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
Update

Reads the Pictures folder. Modify it to any location you want.

Should notify you of what picture was selected before reboot.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by blmvxer; 8th August 2013 at 01:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blmvxer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2013, 10:47 PM   |  #5  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
This app will soon be outdated do to Wallpaper support in Unity8.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
21st August 2013, 08:51 AM   |  #6  
ScardracS's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Lugo
Thanks Meter: 513
 
1,266 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmvxer

This app will soon be outdated do to Wallpaper support in Unity8.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

It doesn't work yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
21st August 2013, 02:43 PM   |  #7  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScardracS

It doesn't work yet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

There is support for it, they just have implemented it yet.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
27th August 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Im trying to change the screens here on my nexus 4 with your script but have no luck.
Are there any specific jpg characteristics i need?

Script is running fine but after reboot i found myself again with the background image it had also before.
28th August 2013, 02:21 AM   |  #9  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by akI*

Im trying to change the screens here on my nexus 4 with your script but have no luck.
Are there any specific jpg characteristics i need?

Script is running fine but after reboot i found myself again with the background image it had also before.

The location of the background may of changed. I will check it out and fix it if possible.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
7th September 2013, 08:28 PM   |  #10  
blmvxer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 566
 
1,367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
Some large jpg files don't work. It's a hit and miss when looking for new backgrounds.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes