Unhappy [Q] Dual boot on Nexus 7 always boots into android ?

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place or been asked before, I didn't find it.

I'm a complete android newbie, but not a ubuntu newbie.

I bought a Nexus 7 so I could have a play with Ubuntu Touch, upgraded it to android 4.4.2 (full re-flash), downloaded the ubuntu dual boot app and followed the instructions to install it ("wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/DualBootInstallation"). Everything appeared to go according to plan, downloaded and installed ubuntu from the utopic channel as instructed, no problems until I re-booted into Ubuntu - got android instead. It always re-boots into android, no sign of ubuntu touch

Ok, re-flashed android 4.4.2. installed multirom, TWRP and SuperSU, clicked install ubuntu touch and it downloaded and works with image 179. It looks like there are newer images but no sign of them through multirom.

Tried flashing android 4.4.4 and loading the ubuntu dual boot app again, worked again, loaded ubuntu touch image 179 (this time round I knew what to look for) but still won't boot into ubuntu, it always re-boots to android

I'd prefer to use the ubuntu dual boot if I can get it to work, any suggestions where I'm going wrong, or should I just stick with multirom ? I'm assuming the 'official' dual boot would keep more up to date with ubuntu touch image releases, there appear to be several later than 179, maybe I'm wrong ? Any avice would be much appreciated ?

A bit more info - The ubuntu boot screen shows 'Target channel Not available', 'rootfs: 1432MB', 'system-data: 0MB', 'user-data: 0MB' which may have some bearing on the problem ? I also installed ES File Explorer and can find no sign of anything vaguely ubuntu anywhere either in root or the SD Card. Maybe I'll try downloading ubuntu again ?

Update - Tried ubuntu dual boot from scratch yet again - no luck, so reverted to using multirom for now. I assume the 'devel-proposed' channel would yield more up to date, but more unstable, ubuntu touch images ?

Thanks
PaulM