Ask a question

No registration required

How can i get ubuntu on my device?

OP Tomy sinaga

21st August 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I can't see how many ways to get that...

Sent from my SM-T211 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 90

208 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumoredNow

Wow...

(...)

Here's hoping your SM-T211 gets jungle rot and rusts away.

Wow. Nice rant. You should make this a template so you can paste it in all similar threads.
23rd August 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #3  
Flag Springfield Missouri
Thanks Meter: 116

303 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by till22

Wow. Nice rant. You should make this a template so you can paste it in all similar threads.

It was admittedly harsh and over-the-top... I guess it was just one not-thought-out post too many and I sorta snapped. It may be due to my volunteer work where I comb the blog comments on a popular site for SPAM. That has really exposed me to endless streams of inanity and lowered my tolerance. No excuse, just stating a possible cause of my outburst. I've also taken some time away from the internet, just returned in fact

To the OP. My apologies.

If you are looking for Ubuntu Touch on a Galaxy Tab 3, I don't know of anyone making a port attempt. Here is the list of devices trying out Ubuntu Touch: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices Note that most community efforts are not up to date and your device doesn't appear on the list. You could try the Tab 3 Forums and see if anyone is making a port.

If you are looking for Ubuntu Desktop on a Galaxy Tab 3, that is another type of project. Canonical no longer supports it, but it is still feasible to follow the instruction set. Look for various guides and how-tos by searching the internet for "Ubuntu on Android" or "Ubuntu for Android." There are several methods for you to choose from. Ignore Ubuntu for Devices and Ubuntu Touch results as those are for the mobile version.

If you are looking to mod a different device, I really have no clue what that is and you would need to post which device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread