Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Ubuntu Touch Tilt Controls

OP jarreed0

14th July 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
So I have an idea for the Ubuntu Touch OS. It is something I use everyday on my android. It is a tilt control setting were if my phone tilts enough to be placed in my pocket or if my android is set face down the screen will lock. If I would like this specifically and other tilt controlls, like turning auto-tilt on and off, to be implemented into the Ubuntu Touch OS how would I go about making a setting page on the status bar called "Tilt Controls" were I can implement these controls and other ones. Also by doing so will it have to be an app for some one to install or who would I contact to get it intergrated into the system so its built into everyones Ubuntu Touch phone.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to jarreed0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,407

2,805 posts
More
Those features would be great. I would be very happy to see them on my Nexus 4 running Ubuntu. Definitely give it a try.

If you're looking for help, a good way to get started will be to ask on IRC. You can find a list of channels here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/ChannelList
I'd suggest asking on #ubuntu-touch or #ubuntu-devel. If the one you choose isn't the right one, they'll tell you where to ask.

I guess that the feature would need to be included into the system. Apps won't be able to deliver that functionality.

Oh, and would you mind keeping us updated?
The Following User Says Thank You to nikwen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Ok thanks so much.
I will poke around and try to get this idea to be a reality and sure I wil keep this updated
15th July 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
my GitHub
I have started a GitHub Repo, UbuntuTiltControls, were this project will be worked on. Fill free to contribute by giving ideas and/or development.
I can not post outside links since I am a new user, but look up UbuntuTiltControls on GitHub. The username it is under is jarreed0.
OR https:// github. com/ jarreed0/ UbuntuTiltControls
Be sure to check it out and read the readme file.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread