[ROM][5.0.2][CM12] UNOFFICIAL cyanogenmod FEB-23

Search This thread

Arocee

Jan 24, 2012
Puerto Rico
Huh? its uploaded to devhost, many developers and modders here use the same site. Devhost does not ask to install any programs to download, and i just checked twice.

EDIT
click the blue "download now" button, not the orange "download" button

Okay I feel silly now lol! SORRY!

Usually when downloading something I avoid anything that says "NOW" because of the sites trying to push you to buy "Premium" accounts and what not!

Question, other than ROOT and TWRP, anything else I might need? Kinda got bored of Bricking my phone alot today testing different mods.

Reactions: noidea24

noidea24

Okay I feel silly now lol! SORRY!

Usually when downloading something I avoid anything that says "NOW" because of the sites trying to push you to buy "Premium" accounts and what not!

Question, other than ROOT and TWRP, anything else I might need? Kinda got bored of Bricking my phone alot today testing different mods.

root, twrp, and make sure you are on 12b modem/bootloader

Arocee

Jan 24, 2012
Puerto Rico

Yeah I still have no idea what that is lol, bricked my phone around 13 times last night, one soft brick and 12 hard bricks, I'm done modding lol
I'm just leaving it stock with Root and TWRP for now, if only there was something Stock for VS980 with all the dreaded bloatware removed! GAH!

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 2 XL
Yeah I still have no idea what that is lol, bricked my phone around 13 times last night, one soft brick and 12 hard bricks, I'm done modding lol
I'm just leaving it stock with Root and TWRP for now, if only there was something Stock for VS980 with all the dreaded bloatware removed! GAH!

Try this: http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g2/development/rom-vzw-27a-rooted-debloated-rom-bumped-t3012776

It has a lot of the bloat removed. If you want to remove even more bloat, read my last few posts in that thread.

cedbled

Jul 12, 2010

Unlike most people, I've been running 10.2 for over a year; Cm11 just wasn't worth the trouble, so I've fallen out of the loop, quite a bit.
I'm currently running this setup:
J9NmsqNl.png

Rooted
Cm 10.2
TWRP 2.6.3.3
Is this what everybody means about running the 12b modem?
Is my bootloader going to work for the jump to Cm12?
Would you recommend an update to TWRP 2.8.5.0?

Does this mean all I need to do is wipe, flash Rom, flash Gapps, and I'm good?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Unlike most people, I've been running 10.2 for over a year; Cm11 just wasn't worth the trouble, so I've fallen out of the loop, quite a bit.
I'm currently running this setup:
J9NmsqNl.png

Rooted
Cm 10.2
TWRP 2.6.3.3
Is this what everybody means about running the 12b modem?
Is my bootloader going to work for the jump to Cm12?
Would you recommend an update to TWRP 2.8.5.0?

Does this mean all I need to do is wipe, flash Rom, flash Gapps, and I'm good?

Thanks in advance

1) Yes. You're on 12B baseband/modem/radio
2) Yes. You're on JB bootloader and you're good to go with AOSP/CM12 Lollipop
3) Yes. Flash Blastagator TWRP 2.8.5.1 (bumped, thermal controlled, has 2.8.5.0 in it) for VS980
4) Yes, you need PA LP Gapps. Clean wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik-cache) and you're G2G

P.s. JackpotClavin's 26A/27A and AmitSen's XenonHD and crDroid uses 26A/27A baseband for their CM12 so you'll need to flash 26A/27A radio at the end of the series of flashes for them to work. 27A is the newest radio for VS980

Last edited:
Reactions: cedbled

noidea24

3) Yes. Flash Blastagator TWRP 2.8.5.1 (bumped, thermal controlled, has 2.8.5.0 in it) for VS980
4) Yes, you need PA LP Gapps. Clean wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik-cache) and you're G2G

P.s. JackpotClavin's 26A/27A and AmitSen's XenonHD and crDroid uses 26A/27A baseband for their CM12 so you'll need to flash 26A/27A radio at the end of the series of flashes for them to work. 27A is the newest radio for VS980

I could not have said it better myself!! Thanks!

cedbled

Jul 12, 2010

Got a couple issues:
1. If I flash everything except the 27A .zip, I can get cm12 to load, but it seems I have no superuser or root.
(for instance, I can install quick boot as an app, but it doesn't work, because i don't have root.....however, when I factory reset, it shows "rooted" on the reset screen in the upper left-hand corner)
2. When I flash the 27A .zip, i can't boot past the pink LG logo, it just cycles over and over, and I have to factory reset to get back to twrp

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Got a couple issues:
1. If I flash everything except the 27A .zip, I can get cm12 to load, but it seems I have no superuser or root.
(for instance, I can install quick boot as an app, but it doesn't work, because i don't have root.....however, when I factory reset, it shows "rooted" on the reset screen in the upper left-hand corner)
2. When I flash the 27A .zip, i can't boot past the pink LG logo, it just cycles over and over, and I have to factory reset to get back to twrp

1) flash superSu.zip version 2.46 in TWRP and enable "root access" for "apps and adb" in the "Developer Option" (hit "settings" once, "about phone" once, "build number" 7 times to enable "Developer Option")
2) I told you that 27A is meant only for JackpotClavin's CM12 and amit_sen crDroid and XenonHD CM12 only !!!
3) Everything else CM12 or AOSP Lollipop is 12B only !!!

cedbled

Jul 12, 2010
1) flash superSu.zip version 2.46 in TWRP and enable "root access" for "apps and adb" in the "Developer Option" (hit "settings" once, "about phone" once, "build number" 7 times to enable "Developer Option")
2) I told you that 27A is meant only for JackpotClavin's CM12 and amit_sen crDroid and XenonHD CM12 only !!!
3) Everything else CM12 or AOSP Lollipop is 12B only !!!

i'm a raging dumbass!!! lol, i was actually done 3 flashes ago, then.....

am i missing out on anything, since i'll still be using the 12b radio on this rom?

is a newer radio more clear, better range, etc?

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
i liked render 10.5 kernel
wheres the rom at bro?
its the 1st....you compiling on a p3 500?
lol
nah just kidding. cant wait to try it out.
include a new twrp if you would
i only see 2.7.0.0 when i use the 12b bootstack and then install this feb23 rom
we still need to have a supersu 2.45.zip file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION!

CyanogenMod 12 for VS980!
    (This is my first succesfully booting rom that i built from source. Please bare with me as i am new to being a developer! If you have suggestions or comments or questions dont hesitate to ask. Im building on a desktop with 2gb of ram and a core 2 duo processor, so builds are slow.)

What works (as of February 20th):
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Notification lights
    • Display
    • All accelometers/sensors
    • Google Apps
    • All native apps
    • Audio
    • Airplane Mode
    • Wi-Fi tether
    • Video recording
    • CM features
    • Data/Mobile Network
    • GPS

What doesn't work :

• YOU TELL ME!

Downloads :

ROM
    Please use pagapps, ill update later with a link
    Flash supersu for root, ill update later with a link
    Sources:

Sceenshots on the next post

Contributors
    @Flo0008 Helped me out the most with this, but of course none of us would be here if it werent for all the great devs and/users! Keep Developing and keep crack flashing!!
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.2 Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: 3.4.0-CM+
    ROM Firmware Required: 12b
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    First Stable Build

Created 2015-02-20
    Last Updated 2015-02-20
    noidea24 can you pm those links as well, thanks.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Free mobile app

Its four threads below this one?
    Reserved for screenshots
    i see it, ty.

Keep in mind with updating the bootstack it will also update your radio. So make sure you flash the 12b radio or this build will constantly boot you back into recovery
    i am not very well versed with everything yet. i can tell you everything i did though. when i first got the phone i ota'd to 27a, rooted via stumproot brute force, used autorec for recovery, i used cloudy2.2 with kk bootloader.

currently ive installed 12b radio and am using beanstalk 5.0..

so tbh i am not sure what bootstack i have.. maybe you can give me some insight..

thanks in advance for any feedback.

If you were on the 24a ota and haven't flashed the 26a bootstack, then you're on the 24a boot stack.