Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Clouds floating above home screen after unlock - what are they?

Tip us?

jimbob_sf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Clouds floating above home screen after unlock - what are they?

Picture attached

I'm running Gummy's AOSP nightlies (wonderful rom) and after I unlock (knock), I have clouds floating above all the other layers. They appear for 3-4 seconds and then disappear on their own OR I have to touch I have to touch the screen to get rid of them before I can interact with the 'desktop'.

I can't figure out for the life of me what the heck is controlling this or how to turn it off. It's on any static or live wallpaper, or theme I try and even across home apps (I use Nova Prime, but it happens on Google Now and Trebuchet).

I removed all weather apps and it still happens. I've got tons of other apps, but I'm hoping someone knows what this is before I start from scratch and build up.

Anyone know what this annoying cloud is? I swear I've searched for days and can't find a mention of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-08 18.42.47.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	2840728  

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 772

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob_sf View Post
Picture attached

I'm running Gummy's AOSP nightlies (wonderful rom) and after I unlock (knock), I have clouds floating above all the other layers. They appear for 3-4 seconds and then disappear on their own OR I have to touch I have to touch the screen to get rid of them before I can interact with the 'desktop'.

I can't figure out for the life of me what the heck is controlling this or how to turn it off. It's on any static or live wallpaper, or theme I try and even across home apps (I use Nova Prime, but it happens on Google Now and Trebuchet).

I removed all weather apps and it still happens. I've got tons of other apps, but I'm hoping someone knows what this is before I start from scratch and build up.

Anyone know what this annoying cloud is? I swear I've searched for days and can't find a mention of it.
By chance do you have Beautiful Widgets? There is an unlock animation option in it that reflects the current weather.
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - XDABBEB's VS980 v2.0.0
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimbob_sf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
By chance do you have Beautiful Widgets? There is an unlock animation option in it that reflects the current weather.
YES!!!! That was it. Thank you!
Tags
floating cloud, home screen