Ask a question

No registration required

no signal on 4.4.2 KitKat. what to do?

OP jkjambo

16th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

330 posts
There is absolute no signal... On original ROM it says "turn off airplane mode" when I dial some number, but it's not in airplane mode.. Tried custom ROM, but there is no signs at all.

Before that I downgraded phone to 4.2.2 ( A1 and 10b version) and I got signal, but phone was not usable. It was crashing, it was freezing and so...

So any suggestions? Maybe there is some radio problem or what?

Thanks
16th July 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 495

1,499 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjambo

There is absolute no signal... On original ROM it says "turn off airplane mode" when I dial some number, but it's not in airplane mode.. Tried custom ROM, but there is no signs at all.

Before that I downgraded phone to 4.2.2 ( A1 and 10b version) and I got signal, but phone was not usable. It was crashing, it was freezing and so...

So any suggestions? Maybe there is some radio problem or what?

Thanks

Have you tried a new SIM from Verizon? If so and you're still under warranty, revert to stock and send that bad boy in for a replacement!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th July 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

330 posts
i'm not on verizon . i use it on different carrier (outside of usa) , but it was same on verizon . and it's not sim problem , because by downgrading phone to 4.2.2. it works , i can make calls,ect , but it was freezing and unstable . but when i update it to 4.4.2 there is no signal att all , the radio is disabled ..
16th July 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

330 posts
I'm getting this error "to make a call turn off airplane mode" when i try to call

but it's not in airplane mode..

i read that not only me or not only verizon phones has this problem , it seems the problem is in kitkat , because i saw this problem on other devices too , samsung note 3, htc one or ect...

so , is there any solution about this?

once again , i've downgraded phone and it got signal , but soft was freezing , i think it's kernel problem or something like that . seems like it's not possibly to downgrade 100% to stock
16th July 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

330 posts
i've flashed this

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3...c9bW7jjJv7sQkw

and now everything works

thanks to developer !!!

still same problem appeared . WTH?!

fixing permission in recovery and several restart (2-3 times at least) fixes problem , but it's not permanent fix , working until next restart (i think)
Last edited by jkjambo; 16th July 2014 at 02:11 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread