Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

no signal on 4.4.2 KitKat. what to do?

Tip us?

jkjambo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default no signal on 4.4.2 KitKat. what to do?

There is absolute no signal... On original ROM it says "turn off airplane mode" when I dial some number, but it's not in airplane mode.. Tried custom ROM, but there is no signs at all.

Before that I downgraded phone to 4.2.2 ( A1 and 10b version) and I got signal, but phone was not usable. It was crashing, it was freezing and so...

So any suggestions? Maybe there is some radio problem or what?

Thanks

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjambo View Post
There is absolute no signal... On original ROM it says "turn off airplane mode" when I dial some number, but it's not in airplane mode.. Tried custom ROM, but there is no signs at all.

Before that I downgraded phone to 4.2.2 ( A1 and 10b version) and I got signal, but phone was not usable. It was crashing, it was freezing and so...

So any suggestions? Maybe there is some radio problem or what?

Thanks
Have you tried a new SIM from Verizon? If so and you're still under warranty, revert to stock and send that bad boy in for a replacement!

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jkjambo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
i'm not on verizon . i use it on different carrier (outside of usa) , but it was same on verizon . and it's not sim problem , because by downgrading phone to 4.2.2. it works , i can make calls,ect , but it was freezing and unstable . but when i update it to 4.4.2 there is no signal att all , the radio is disabled ..

jkjambo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I'm getting this error "to make a call turn off airplane mode" when i try to call

but it's not in airplane mode..

i read that not only me or not only verizon phones has this problem , it seems the problem is in kitkat , because i saw this problem on other devices too , samsung note 3, htc one or ect...

so , is there any solution about this?

once again , i've downgraded phone and it got signal , but soft was freezing , i think it's kernel problem or something like that . seems like it's not possibly to downgrade 100% to stock

jkjambo
Old
(Last edited by jkjambo; 16th July 2014 at 01:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
i've flashed this

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3...c9bW7jjJv7sQkw

and now everything works

thanks to developer !!!

still same problem appeared . WTH?!

fixing permission in recovery and several restart (2-3 times at least) fixes problem , but it's not permanent fix , working until next restart (i think)