Stock signal issues

OP kude87

10th July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 152

575 posts
More
This issue is really bugging me. I came from an s4 and the g2 is superior in nearly every way. However, I work in an area of patchy signal, but the s4 switched between LTE, 3g, and 1x much much better than my g2. It's driving my crazy. I have to toggle airplane mode probably 5 or more times per day just to get LTE back. I replaced my Sim already thinking that was it. This is my second g2 as the first had a faulty screen. Specs are awesome but if I have to keep toggling airplane mode I may have to move on. Anyone else with this issue?

Sent from my VS980 4G
12th July 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
This is something of a hit or miss, semi-known issue with the newer updates on the G2. A lot of the first Kit Kat ROMS also suffered from this, based off that update with the 24a radio. Some people have been able to do a Factory Reset and get it to play nicely since then. I'm not sure if there are fixes in the works other than that. I've rooted my phone a while back, and it's working now for me, but again, that's rooted and not stock.

It is though, one of those things that there are plenty of people that have had the issue, but plenty more who haven't, with no real rhyme or reason as to why. I really don't have any other answers though, other than maybe try the reset as a last resort and see. Unless you want to get yourself into the rooting scene and give that a go
13th July 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

57 posts
More
Running xdabbeb's VS980 ROM here, and I sometimes get that issue, though far less than when I was running stock.

Of course, I also live in Northern West Virgi.... I mean Southwestern Pennsylvania. 😛

By that I mean that I'm not surprised that the towers aren't providing consistent coverage, what with the hills alone.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Mariner_1712; 13th July 2014 at 12:13 AM.
14th July 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis

575 posts
More
I was rooted, and then I tried malladus, and same thing. I ended up going to a Droid Maxx. I know, lesser specs but honestly, the build quality and near vanilla experience is plain awesome. Also, my signal has never been better on any phone I've had. I suppose everyone's mileage will vary.

Sent from my Droid Maxx
14th July 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
yeah, for mine, I had issues before, and tried all sorts of variations of back and forth, 12b, 24a, 4.2, 4.4, I was all over the place, and just ended up staying on whatever it was. And the signal steadied out, but I'm not sure why or how. I hadn't changed anything, and suddenly it started working again (was on a 12b load at that point). I know there were a couple places where I started picking up 4G where there wasn't before, so I assume a couple more towers got loaded up, but still, not sure why that would suddenly effect my other areas. But once it started working, I revisited a KK rom, and so far so good.

Of course, now there's that G3 thing...
16th July 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Minneapolis

575 posts
More
Yeah, not good when you can't pin down what it really is. My 3g actually never worked. Ever.

Sent from my DROID Maxx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread