FORUMS

[Q] Can I use a Straight Talk SIM in a Bad ESN G2?

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By ApexPredatorBoids, Senior Member on 6th July 2014, 07:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm looking to pick up a used LG G2 from Craigslist (yeah, I know, it's risky). An attempt to mitigate a bit of that risk is what had let me to the question: Will a Straight Talk (AT&T) SIM card work in a Verizon G2 that's been blacklisted? I know that the phone itself is capable of doing it, just not sure if a Verizon blacklisting can cripple the GSM capabilities, too.

I've been in contact with someone selling one, and all seems to be legit; she says that the ESN isn't bad. It just seems like a little too good of a deal, so I'm skeptical. I don't yet have an active AT&T SIM card to test, so I'm hoping to find someone who's recently attempted what I want to do. I must really suck at web searches, because Google has been surprisingly little help to me in answering my questions.

7th July 2014, 05:37 PM |#2  
Flag Ventura
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids

I'm looking to pick up a used LG G2 from Craigslist (yeah, I know, it's risky). An attempt to mitigate a bit of that risk is what had let me to the question: Will a Straight Talk (AT&T) SIM card work in a Verizon G2 that's been blacklisted? I know that the phone itself is capable of doing it, just not sure if a Verizon blacklisting can cripple the GSM capabilities, too.

I've been in contact with someone selling one, and all seems to be legit; she says that the ESN isn't bad. It just seems like a little too good of a deal, so I'm skeptical. I don't yet have an active AT&T SIM card to test, so I'm hoping to find someone who's recently attempted what I want to do. I must really suck at web searches, because Google has been surprisingly little help to me in answering my questions.

Check the esn here http://swappa.com/esn

it will let you know if it is truly bad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bad esn, straight talk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)