Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,043 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in fastboot mode..HELP

Tip us?

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Default Stuck in fastboot mode..HELP

Not sure what the heck happened but I went to reboot into recovery mode and got the fastboot mode started and udc start message in the upper left corner. I connected my phone to my laptop and a bunch more text popped up with the last saying fastboot processing commands.

What the heck do I do now??

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1,245

DONATE TO ME
Long press the power button and see if your phone will restart.

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRJ442 View Post
Tried that and now i am stuck at the LG boot screen. No matter what button combo i press it just goes to that screen. I can't even get into download mode.

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1,245

DONATE TO ME
What app did you use to try and update the recovery? All you had to do was flash the zip in recovery to update it.

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Quote:
What app did you use to try and update the recovery? All you had to do was flash the zip in recovery to update it.
some app called root flashr. a friend said that he used it to flash a recovery zip file so I figured it was legit.

Apparently not haha.

I've been scouring the web for a fix and have tried everything, nothing gets me off the lg boot screen.

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1,245

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetruzz View Post
some app called root flashr. a friend said that he used it to flash a recovery zip file so I figured it was legit.

Apparently not haha.

I've been scouring the web for a fix and have tried everything, nothing gets me off the lg boot screen.
Yeah its really screwed something up.
😖 If you can't into recovery or download mode, the only thing I can suggest is maybe sending it in to the LG service center. If it goes into fastboot they can fix it probably. Sorry I don't know what else that might help.

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
I called verizon and gave them a sob story, they're overnighting me a refurb!! Guess I'll take that vs a bricked phone haha.

JRJ442
Old
Thanks Meter 1,245

DONATE TO ME
@mpetruzz Lol. Yeah, as long as they don't somehow get it into recovery and see it was rooted you'll be fine.
And don't listen to that friend next time. Lol Root it, use Auto-Rec to get TWRP 2.7 on there, then PM me for links if you can't find dr87's custom TWRP 2.7.1
The Following User Says Thank You to JRJ442 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mpetruzz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
@mpetruzz Lol. Yeah, as long as they don't somehow get it into recovery and see it was rooted you'll be fine.
And don't listen to that friend next time. Lol Root it, use Auto-Rec to get TWRP 2.7 on there, then PM me for links if you can't find dr87's custom TWRP 2.7.1
Thanks I appreciate the help. They are sending me return in the mail so they won't be able to see its rooted. Plus it only boots to the lg screen anyways haha

The Following User Says Thank You to mpetruzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]