Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,772 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VZW KK APN Settings

Tip us?

takethecake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default VZW KK APN Settings

Somehow during my update to the 24A baseband, I lost my APN settings (there are no entries), and therefore have no mobile data ("Mobile Network State: Disconnected"). Where can I find the APN settings for my vzw g2? I found a site that claimed to have the correct VZW apn settings (can't post links yet, just google "buzzmobile verizon apn" and it's the top result) but for some reason, whenever I try and set the MNC to 012, the entire APN entry disappears from the menu. Entering all the other settings and leaving the MNC at its default (I think it was 004) didn't resolve my internet connection. Any ideas? I was thinking I could probably revert to stock KK using the kdz method, but since that'd be rather time consuming, if there's any way I could just flash a quick fix or something I'd prefer that.

I'm running Mahdi 6-28 build, V6 patch, 4.4.4 PA mini gapps, 24A baseband
The Following User Says Thank You to takethecake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

takethecake
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
After several hours of searching and troubleshooting I found a fix. Trying to make APN entries didn't lead anywhere, and editing the apn-conf.xml also did nothing. I had flashed 4 or 5 different 4.4.4 roms (some stock, some AOSP) and still nothing, but for whatever reason, doing a wipe and flashing XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1 ROM (can't post link sorry) fixed my mobile data. I then did a system/cache/dalvik/data wipe and reinstalled Mahdi 6-28 and boom I have Mahdi with working LTE. Sorry for the spam I guess, but maybe this will help anyone having similar issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to takethecake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topdawg7793
Old
(Last edited by topdawg7793; 20th July 2014 at 05:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by takethecake View Post
After several hours of searching and troubleshooting I found a fix. Trying to make APN entries didn't lead anywhere, and editing the apn-conf.xml also did nothing. I had flashed 4 or 5 different 4.4.4 roms (some stock, some AOSP) and still nothing, but for whatever reason, doing a wipe and flashing XDABBEB's VS98024A v1.2.1 ROM (can't post link sorry) fixed my mobile data. I then did a system/cache/dalvik/data wipe and reinstalled Mahdi 6-28 and boom I have Mahdi with working LTE. Sorry for the spam I guess, but maybe this will help anyone having similar issues.
Ran into the same exact issue on a friend's phone. Going to try this out. Regardless if it works, thanks for the post!

UPDATE: It worked. The 24a bootstack includes the new modem and properly formats relevant partitions. I flashed XDABBEB's ROM just to replicate your exact procedure but this shouldn't be necessary. The bootstack is all that is needed when coming from a 12b rom.

remicks
Old
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdawg7793 View Post
Ran into the same exact issue on a friend's phone. Going to try this out. Regardless if it works, thanks for the post!

UPDATE: It worked. The 24a bootstack includes the new modem and properly formats relevant partitions. I flashed XDABBEB's ROM just to replicate your exact procedure but this shouldn't be necessary. The bootstack is all that is needed when coming from a 12b rom.
Having the same issue and flashing the 24a bootstack without the ROM does nothing. About to return this phone, it seems like nothing works correctly unless you are on the POS bloated stock ROM. What a shame, such potential on this device. Oh well.

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by remicks View Post
Having the same issue and flashing the 24a bootstack without the ROM does nothing. About to return this phone, it seems like nothing works correctly unless you are on the POS bloated stock ROM. What a shame, such potential on this device. Oh well.
Return it to stock, let it take the KK OTA, root it, autorec for recovery, flash your 24A based rom of choice, that always works for me.

I had Carbon running fine on mine til I got bit by the black line issue. I haven't put AOSP on the replacement, probably will soon..
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - Root Stock - G2 Tweakbox
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired

remicks
Old
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
Return it to stock, let it take the KK OTA, root it, autorec for recovery, flash your 24A based rom of choice, that always works for me.

I had Carbon running fine on mine til I got bit by the black line issue. I haven't put AOSP on the replacement, probably will soon..
Trying this now, returning to 11a robbed me of my LTE for some reason though... doesn't even show up in the network info screen that shows the 3g/1x/LTE signal strength... weird...

topdawg7793
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by remicks View Post
Haha I should have clarified. I meant that flashing the 24a bootstack and THEN flashing a 24a-based rom should do the trick. Flashing the 24a bootstack, XDABBEB's rom, and then (clean) flashing another 24a-based rom is redundant.

remicks
Old
Thanks Meter 379

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, doesn't matter now. Phone fell 1 foot and cracked to hell and touchscreen no longer works.