Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen issues

Tip us?

rh11peter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Screen issues

So part of my screen has been unresponsive, so i brought it to Verizon, and they said they would replace it, but they would also send it into their factory or whatever. They said that if they found any sort of damage to the motherboard inside, they would charge me full retail price, $499, irreversible. This seems ridiculous to me, as I am 100% sure I have not damaged it, but I am worried that they will make me pay, especially with my luck. I was wondering if there were any other options that I had so that I could avoid dealing with Verizon. Thanks.

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 748

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh11peter View Post
So part of my screen has been unresponsive, so i brought it to Verizon, and they said they would replace it, but they would also send it into their factory or whatever. They said that if they found any sort of damage to the motherboard inside, they would charge me full retail price, $499, irreversible. This seems ridiculous to me, as I am 100% sure I have not damaged it, but I am worried that they will make me pay, especially with my luck. I was wondering if there were any other options that I had so that I could avoid dealing with Verizon. Thanks.
As long as you didn't dunk it in water or throw it against something, you'll be fine.
Matt
LG G2 - Back to stock while I wait for a replacement, bitten by the black line bug...
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired

rh11peter
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
As long as you didn't dunk it in water or throw it against something, you'll be fine.
okay, the guy at Verizon scared me i guess because he said if I leaned against it, (which is very common if it's in your pocket and against a wall...) they could say it's damage. While I don't recall even doing this, I was just worried. Thanks

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 748

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh11peter View Post
okay, the guy at Verizon scared me i guess because he said if I leaned against it, (which is very common if it's in your pocket and against a wall...) they could say it's damage. While I don't recall even doing this, I was just worried. Thanks
He's full of sh*t. I have the black line issue on mine, the guy at the store took a quick look at it and ordered me a refurb no questions asked. He was probably trying to get you to admit to breaking it...
Matt
LG G2 - Back to stock while I wait for a replacement, bitten by the black line bug...
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired