Marshmallow might be on its way soon.

Search This thread

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
Interesting. Droid Life has an article up but in the screenshot, the software status was modified. Why would they release it for the G3 before the G4?

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Interesting. Droid Life has an article up but in the screenshot, the software status was modified. Why would they release it for the G3 before the G4?

That blew my mind too. I was wondering if there was a reason like it was easier for them to do a older phone first for a software rollout. But it could be just Verizon being Verizon. Messing with our heads.

Reactions: dadrumgod

sleepwlk78

May 9, 2012
My g4 has said modified since the day I bought it new. I've done the previous ota updates without issue. I have no idea why as I've never applied root to this phone.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

dadrumgod

Jun 13, 2014
Brunswick
plus.google.com
My g4 has said modified since the day I bought it new. I've done the previous ota updates without issue. I have no idea why as I've never applied root to this phone.

I think the modified status has something to do with some models receiving certain updates at certain times. I have 2 of them and one a few months older and it said modified after an update right after I got it. The newer one doesn't say modified and it came with later software. But I've always taken ota's on the modified one

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

Reactions: sleepwlk78

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Ive gone through quite a few G4s and I think some were botched from Verizon after installing their bloat and weren't reverted back to "Official" status. Verizon is aware of the issue and say it is normal.

On the update. The LG G2 got Kitkat before the LG G3 did. Who knows. Maybe they do it as a test to see how it preforms before releasing it to the newer gen.

Reactions: Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Ive gone through quite a few G4s and I think some were botched from Verizon after installing their bloat and weren't reverted back to "Official" status. Verizon is aware of the issue and say it is normal.

On the update. The LG G2 got Kitkat before the LG G3 did. Who knows. Maybe they do it as a test to see how it preforms before releasing it to the newer gen.

Do you happen to remember the time frame between the g2 and the g3 update? Just curious if Verizon keeps it similar.

Apex i ITR

May 26, 2006
Verizon really annoys me. Why does it take them so long to roll out updates........are they too caught up trying to figure out how to load more bloatware on the update or something. At this point I'll be on to one of the new phones this year before the update even comes out. I like LG but this experience due to Verizon;s greed is making me consider either a different brand they dont lock down as much or possibly leaving.....which sucks because they do have the best coverage (AT least for me).

leroybrute

Jan 1, 2012
spud state
Verizon really annoys me. Why does it take them so long to roll out updates........are they too caught up trying to figure out how to load more bloatware on the update or something. At this point I'll be on to one of the new phones this year before the update even comes out. I like LG but this experience due to Verizon;s greed is making me consider either a different brand they dont lock down as much or possibly leaving.....which sucks because they do have the best coverage (AT least for me).

AT&T doesn't have it either. The other 2 carriers got 6.0. I would bet Verizon will get 6.0.1

liqwidzero

Oct 29, 2010
www.cthdesign.net
Keep in mind, if a carrier sends out an update for a carrier variation and it has a ton of bugs due to rushing it, LG isn't going to be the one getting all the calls. I'd say that's reason enough to want to make sure it gets released when it's ready.

thechaoz

Dec 14, 2011
Update doesn't seem to have anything impressive. Wish it would fix my battery life

thechaoz

Dec 14, 2011

The list of what I saw is coming in marsh isn't really anything I care about. My battery life is not impressive even with low screen brightness, no sync, no location yada yada. I've been at the game a while I know all the usual tweaks. My old note 2 killed this phone in battery life though I do love it so, I always find myself looking for a charger.

leroybrute

Jan 1, 2012
spud state
The list of what I saw is coming in marsh isn't really anything I care about. My battery life is not impressive even with low screen brightness, no sync, no location yada yada. I've been at the game a while I know all the usual tweaks. My old note 2 killed this phone in battery life though I do love it so, I always find myself looking for a charger.

I have 2 G4's in the house and I have gotten as high as 5 1/2 hrs screen on with 38 hrs off charger. Average around 4 1/2 hours with 25 hrs off charger.
I am also always excited for the optimizations, features and fixes with any update.

thechaoz

Dec 14, 2011
I have 2 G4's in the house and I have gotten as high as 5 1/2 hrs screen on with 38 hrs off charger. Average around 4 1/2 hours with 25 hrs off charger.
I am also excited for the optimizations, features and fixes with any update.
Damn... Idk... 3 hours screen time max on Uber low settings. . New phone... Maybe a dud battery?

leroybrute

Jan 1, 2012
spud state
Damn... Idk... 3 hours screen time max on Uber low settings. . New phone... Maybe a dud battery?

If you play games a lot that effects battery. I gained an extra hr of battery getting rid of my Facebook app and use Facebook through chrome. Just added a link to my home screen and set up notifications through my email.
If you have the Facebook app and don't have sync set up, it still runs in the background "resource hog". Hangouts, Google music, Google magazine or whatever it's called are always running in the background.
Just because you have nothing syncing doesn't mean that they aren't running in the background.
Ps. I leave sync on for everything. I also always clear my recents when I am done using my phone.
Hopefully this helps.

Reactions: thechaoz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll take a shot at it when I get home assuming nobody here will by the time I am. ;)
    I just spoke with Verizon customer support, and they said it is a staged rollout that will begin at 12:00pm ET today.
    There's your answer boys. Update tomorrow!
    To me, I never root my DD, but I do love to tinker.
    Just keep in mind, if you want to play, know what your playing with and second, if you're willing to play do something others aren't. I guess that's what makes me bastardize, I love to break as much as I can to get what I want then unroot leaving security in tack but I've always been that way.

What is strange the Verizon g2 and g3 was usually one of the first to get big updates. My Note 3 got lollipop before any other carrier.
    What I don't get is the Sprint G4 got Marshmallow in December "2 months ago".
    I also read that Verizon would get Mm by end of January or 1st week of February... Hope we see it soon!
    As far as people being upset and complaining about the update, is that is all we have. At least it is something to talk about since there is no development.
    It's so lonely in here! :crying: Ha

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

But, but this thread isn't about rooting Marshmallow. Honestly to me, root without recovery means squat to me.
    I've got my aim card in my m9 so thanks for doing this.

Hopefully it can be rooted then flashed.

Certainly. If someone can suggest a good file host to put this on I'll get it uploaded.

edit: uploading now, made a new thread for discussion.

I think the modified status has something to do with some models receiving certain updates at certain times. I have 2 of them and one a few months older and it said modified after an update right after I got it. The newer one doesn't say modified and it came with later software. But I've always taken ota's on the modified one

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk