***NOTE 3 RESOURCES - Update 4.3 To 4.4.2 RETAIL NOTE 3***

Search This thread

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
..................So what's the best way to at least get my phone back up and running again on kk and w/root? Since I have already performed all of those steps in the first post about a couple of months ago, is it even necessary to do them all again or can I just reflash the kit kat file in odin and still keep root?...............

QUOTE]

For future reference, what steps did you take to get up and running?

Vlip3

Jan 8, 2009
Forest, VA
I am a bit confused. At the end it says you are on stock image but in the instructions it says to install deodexed alliance ROM. I was looking for instructions on hoe to upgrade from beanstown106 jellybeans ROM build 6 to alliance ROM build 2 and thought this would get me there but I'm not sure. BTW, I'm using safestrap with bean's ROM in slot 0.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Az Biker

Staff member
I am a bit confused. At the end it says you are on stock image but in the instructions it says to install deodexed alliance ROM. I was looking for instructions on hoe to upgrade from beanstown106 jellybeans ROM build 6 to alliance ROM build 2 and thought this would get me there but I'm not sure. BTW, I'm using safestrap with bean's ROM in slot 0.

If you flash the stock image, you'll be on the stock image.

If you flash Alliance build 2, you'll be on Alliance build 2.

You can install either during the 'cust rom' step.

Hope that clarifies things :D

Notorious 3

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlip3

Vlip3

Jan 8, 2009
Forest, VA
If you flash the stock image, you'll be on the stock image.

If you flash Alliance build 2, you'll be on Alliance build 2.

You can install either during the 'cust rom' step.

Hope that clarifies things :D

Notorious 3

Great, thank you very much! Uf I understand correctly, following this procedure will retain root, correct? If I want to return for warranty, what do I do differently?

Az Biker

Staff member
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576104
Great, thank you very much! Uf I understand correctly, following this procedure will retain root, correct? If I want to return for warranty, what do I do differently?

Your warranty remains intact while rooted (unless knox is tripped, which I've NOT seen).

Click ODIN in my sig to return your device to OEM, no worries.

Notorious 3

Last edited:

IAmMcLovin

Dec 17, 2013
- RESTORING APPS & DATA
-It is RECOMMENDED to install apps directly from PLAY after flashing 4.4.2 and NOT allow Google to auto-restore your 4.3 apps & data.
-Some users have had success using Titanium Backup and Rom ToolBox Pro when restoring Apps & App Data (NEVER system apps or data)
but some have had issues as well. - thanks Tada10
-Running previous 4.3 backups on KK 4.4 is NOT advised: galaxies will implode!

Make a Back Up of your new 4.4.2 stock image BEFORE making any choices outside of those recommended by the Devs :D

Ok so I'm a bit lost here so pardon my ignorance.

I want to bring over my AppData (angry birds and the like) and things like previously dialed numbers/text/messages/etc via Titanium. I am willing to try the newest Alliance Rom that has been posted. Will I not be able to bring any of that stuff over?

I would really like to get rid of most of the unneeded samsung and verizon apps just to make the phone run a little better.

Az Biker

Staff member
Ok so I'm a bit lost here so pardon my ignorance.

I want to bring over my AppData (angry birds and the like) and things like previously dialed numbers/text/messages/etc via Titanium. I am willing to try the newest Alliance Rom that has been posted. Will I not be able to bring any of that stuff over?

I would really like to get rid of most of the unneeded samsung and verizon apps just to make the phone run a little better.
I individually restore App data (no system data) after flashing a 4.4 Rom. Turn off auto update (play store), and don't check auto restore via Google at beginning set up. I haven't had any issues restoring tibu app data individually.

Notorious 3

nitroevo

Mar 7, 2014
Hi I'm currently on a rooted stock 4.3 rom from kingoroot and recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile so I am curious since I am using my Verizon phone still on their network and do this process will it mess up anything or still work the same? I never done the whole flashing thing before so...

Az Biker

Staff member
Hi I'm currently on a rooted stock 4.3 rom from kingoroot and recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile so I am curious since I am using my Verizon phone still on their network and do this process will it mess up anything or still work the same? I never done the whole flashing thing before so...
If device is legit Verizon, this will work. Verify your device is N900V.

Notorious 3

Ivie

Nov 29, 2012
Rohnert Park
New note 3

Hi, i just bought a new note 3 off amazon, can I safely assume it will ship with android 4.3? and if so, please correct me if i am wrong, but these are the general steps for "upgrading" to the latest stable release of jasmine rom:

1 - towel root
2 - safestrap
3 - WIPE all
4 - load rom

maybe along these lines???? haha...

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
Hi, i just bought a new note 3 off amazon, can I safely assume it will ship with android 4.3? and if so, please correct me if i am wrong, but these are the general steps for "upgrading" to the latest stable release of jasmine rom:

1 - towel root
2 - safestrap
3 - WIPE all
4 - load rom

maybe along these lines???? haha...

It will ship with 4.4 so you won't be able to root.

Ivie

Nov 29, 2012
Rohnert Park
so i just got it, verified, on 4.4 so theres absolutely no hope for rooting this crap?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

i saw a video about "kingo" root that it can supposedly root 4.4?
is this true?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

so i just got it, verified, on 4.4 so theres absolutely no hope for rooting this crap?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

i saw a video about "kingo" root that it can supposedly root 4.4?
is this true?

and after some of my own searching i have answered my question. there is no hope... maybe an OTA for lollipop will allow root, but more than likely im SOL.:crying::crying:

JavaManRules

Dec 28, 2011
You are "The Man

Sorry...I was afraid of that typical Verizon..

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

One thing to try, although I wouldn't hold my breath, as I still think that its an issue on Verizon's end is to go to Settings>Application Manager>All>Voice Mail and clear data and cache.

You are "The Man" did the above and it works like a charm!!! :good:

Thanks!!! :good:

Reactions: Az Biker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * * * What you do with your device is completely your choice and solely your responsibility!

***OTHER NOTE 3 RESOURCES***
    - ROOT 4.3 & NC4 OTA, Install Recovery & Roms - Verizon RETAIL Note 3
    - Flash Files In ODIN & Factory Reset Note 3
    - Increase Battery Life

- If You READ These Instructions FIRST, THEN Follow Them, You Will Be Running Stock KitKat 4.4.2 (or other custom Rom) In No Time * * *

EVERYTHING you need in one place to update from 4.3 to 4.4.2 on your Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3 ! ! !

This is a compilation of instructions that I used on my SM-N900V Verizon Note 3...

* * *Verified Knox 0x0* * * <-- I've run this process DOZENS of times, Knox still 0x0!

***Beanstown106's & Hashcode's OPs are the foundation for these instructions, BOTH Devs are top notch and PHENOMENAL***

RATE & Click THANKS If This Thread Was Helpful :D Report ANY Broken/Outdated Links

Verify USB DEBUGGING is CHECKED in system settings>developer option (click 'BASEBAND VERSION or BUILD VERSION' in 'About Phone' 7 times to UNHIDE Developer Option) also verify UNKNOWN SOURCES is CHECKED & VERIFY APPS is Unchecked in system settings>security.

PREP WORK

On PC, go to CONTROL PANEL > Install/Uninstall Programs > uninstall ALL Samsung drivers

Download & Install Samsung Drivers To Your PC (to ensure you have the latest Sammie drivers)

Samsung Device Install Drivers Click "Downloads" tab then choose driver

* * * ATTN: THESE STEPS ARE FOR THE VERIZON RETAIL NOTE 3 (see Beanstown106 OP for Developer Edition steps)* * *

Files Needed To Update To KK 4.4.2 (Stock Image)

Put These Files On Your Desktop PC

- n900v_kk_firmware.tar.md5.zip courtesy of Beanstown106
    UNZIP and KEEP the tar.md5 file (DO NOT FLASH THE ZIP FILE)

- Odin 3.09 courtesy of DutchDogg54
    ***Install Odin and do a test run to ensure Odin "sees" your device BEFORE you start this process*** (optional)

Put These APK Files On Your Ext SdCard (or Int SdCard)

- hltevzw_root_deodex_nc2.zip

OR

- Latest NC4 Based ALLIANCE ROM courtesy of Team Alliance

- Safestrap-HLTEVZW-3.65 or 3.75.apk 3.65 needed to revert back to JB, 3.75 KK w/ full rom slot support)
    courtesy of Hashcode

Say Goodbye To Jelly Bean 4.3

Verify That You Are ALREADY Running ANY CUSTOM 4.3 Rom on STOCK SLOT & Using SafeStrap 3.71 or earlier, THEN PROCEED

- Boot into stock slot (SS 3.71 or earlier)

- Wipe Stock Slot "Swipe To Factory Reset"
    (I also wiped INTERNAL DATA for fresh start - NOT REQUIRED)

- Install De-Odexed or ALLIANCE ROM (from sdcard) (Check often for new builds)

- DON'T hit reboot, hit back arrow twice, hit REBOOT, choose DOWNLOAD

- Open Odin on PC

- Connect your device to its USB cable and plug cable into PC

- WAIT for ODIN to populate the COM box (pic 1)

- Verify that "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" are CHECKED (under COM box in Option section - pic 1)

- Click "AP" button (PDA if older version of Odin) (pic 2)

- Browse PC and insert file to be flashed (n900v_kk_firmware.tar.md5)

(SKIP TO "WAIT for "START" if you are NOT flashing PIT file)

*Click "PIT" button *USE ONLY IF YOU HAVE PARTITION ISSUES* (pic 3)

*Browse PC and insert file to be flashed (PIT File)

- WAIT for "START" button (pic 4) to be enabled (may take a minute)

- Click START button to begin file install

- Disconnect USB when download is finished, Odin 3.09 will show RESET in upper left corner (device will auto reboot)

- Boot INTO NC2 Stock Image (Stock Slot)

PAY ATTENTION HERE (trust me)

- Install SS 3.75B04 apk (2 steps: Install apk THEN "Install Recovery")
    Using a file explorer find SS 3.75B04 APK on sdcard
    Install SS 3.75B04 APK like you would install any other app
    Once installed, open SS 3.75B04
    Grant SU access
    THEN hit "Install Recovery" button

- RESTORING APPS & DATA
    -It is RECOMMENDED to install apps directly from PLAY after flashing 4.4.2 and NOT allow Google to auto-restore your 4.3 apps & data.
    -Some users have had success using Titanium Backup and Rom ToolBox Pro when restoring Apps & App Data (NEVER system apps or data)
    but some have had issues as well. - thanks Tada10
    -Running previous 4.3 backups on KK 4.4 is NOT advised: galaxies will implode!

Make a Back Up of your new 4.4.2 stock image BEFORE making any choices outside of those recommended by the Devs :D

*REMINDER* Safestrap 3.72 does not currently support Rom Slots 1-4 (check HERE for SafeStrap 3.75)

You Are Now On KitKat 4.4.2 Stock Image! ! ! (or other custom Rom)
    * * * DO NOT TAKE ANY FUTURE KITKAT OTA UPDATES * * *
    read more HERE

HUGE, HUGE Thanks to ALL Those Involved In Bringing KitKat 4.4.2 To Our Note 3 ! ! !

Hashcode's [RECOVERY LOCKED/MJ7,MJE,NC2] Safestrap Recovery v3.72 [2014-04-22 KK BETA] SafeStrap:

Beantown106's ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC2][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/DeOdex [04/23/14]

Alliance Team's *** [ROM] ALLIANCE ROM***

Thanks to:
    ChainFire - for superSU
    SexTape - For the Leaked Kitkat Build
    Hashcode - For Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    Sparky_b - For Helping deodex with the alliance kitchen
    and Surge1223, Bajasur, hash, sbreen, Obsidian

Remember to SUPPORT THE DEVS who allow you to enjoy KitKat 4.4.2 on your Custom Note 3!

RATE & Click THANKS If This Thread Was Helpful :D

evuhupe7.jpg

a7ata7yp.jpg

usy9uveh.jpg

erebebe2.jpg
    @az_biker nice thread bud.
    I will be sure to point people this way.

Thanks Harley! I'm honored by your compliment!

I remember what it was like for me when I came from the Gnex to the Note 3; TOTALLY different processes, I felt like I had never rooted before... Since I am NO dev, the least I can do is help new (and rusty) users enjoy the fantastic work these guys are putting out!

Speaking of Harley: My 2003 just turned 116k miles yesterday! All original major components and still gets 42-44 mpg.
    Would someone be willing to shoot me the link to one of the download mirrors for either the deodex or odex files? I've got limited internet at home, and network policies at work are not loading the mirrors.

I'm at work (sporadic signal) and the only link I know of are in the OP. Sorry. If you haven't found a link by mid day, I'll look once I get home.

Notorious 3
    Subscribed... Thank you as always for your contributions .. I will point all towards here.. [emoji106]

N3 tap

Likewise. Seeing users like you sharing their experience and knowledge is the heart and soul of XDA.

Notorious 3
    Subscribed... Thank you as always for your contributions .. I will point all towards here.. [emoji106]

N3 tap