FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

191 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By murmur70, Senior Member on 25th November 2014, 01:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
New firmware is out NJ6. I can't get the OTA yet but it is available from KIES. Hopefully this will solve all of my signal issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to murmur70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift murmur70 Ad-Free

25th November 2014, 07:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
I saw this on sammobile as well...most likely this will close the current root loophole...will wait patiently until an awesome developer can create a rooted 4.4.4 rom.
25th November 2014, 07:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedford, IN

More
Yes, I did lose root but that is okay with me if it helps my signal. Haven't been able to test it in problem areas yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to murmur70 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift murmur70 Ad-Free
25th November 2014, 11:25 PM |#4  
Flag Sharpsburg, GA
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur70

Yes, I did lose root but that is okay with me if it helps my signal. Haven't been able to test it in problem areas yet.

Have you tried to root again with towel root?
25th November 2014, 11:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Towel Root no longer works, I tried it after I updated...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-25-18-04-14.png
Views:	2868
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	3034196  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Beast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The-Beast Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 12:57 AM |#6  
Flag Sharpsburg, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Beast

Towel Root no longer works, I tried it after I updated...

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
26th November 2014, 05:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bedford, IN

More
I am cautiously optimistic that my signal is much improved.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app
26th November 2014, 06:51 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Lynchburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 7,099

Donate to Me
More
I actually have 4.4.4 rooted right now on my device but safestrap doesn't work properly now. It starts to load but then reboots into OS.

The first 4.4.4 rom I made would boot, but only had a black screen (kernel modules didn't match boot.img), then I tried the nj6 boot.img and got the warning about unauthorized kernel. So, I decided to try one more thing. I reflashed the pre-rooted 4.4.4 rom I made and then flashed all of the 4.4.4 firmware in Odin EXCEPT for the system partition. This allowed me to boot into my rooted nj6 4.4.4 rom.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gr8nole For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gr8nole Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 06:54 PM |#9  
Flag Sharpsburg, GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8nole

I actually have 4.4.4 rooted right now on my device but safestrap doesn't work properly now. It starts to load but then reboots into OS.

The first 4.4.4 rom I made would boot, but only had a black screen (kernel modules didn't match boot.img), then I tried the nj6 boot.img and got the warning about unauthorized kernel. So, I decided to try one more thing. I reflashed the pre-rooted 4.4.4 rom I made and then flashed all of the 4.4.4 firmware in Odin EXCEPT for the system partition. This allowed me to boot into my rooted nj6 4.4.4 rom.

Ain't gonna lie ... a lot of that went right over my head; but I'm excited about it anyway LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to YankInDaSouth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YankInDaSouth Ad-Free
26th November 2014, 07:01 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How do I get it on my phones have 2 Note 3's in my house. It's not available on Kies or OTA in my Texas area. Not rooted phones.. or just wait some more?? Thanks
26th November 2014, 07:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
We're actually getting an update inline with other carriers? Anyone noticing any improvements? And do we have any idea when it'll push OTA?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)