FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Official] Note 3 Verizon Bootloader Unlock

800 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,658

By ryanbg, Recognized Developer on 15th April 2016, 02:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Enjoy. Don't forget to thank @beaups too, he discovered the eMMC backdoor and exploited it!

UPDATE: [8/2/16] I have recompiled the binary with some fixes beaups made. These fixes should take care of the "samsung device only" error some are getting on 4.4 roms.

Disclosure: I do not own a Note 3. The exploit happened to be applicable to the Note 3, and we compiled it for your devices rather than not release it at all. This seems like a reasonable and friendly thing to do for the community. I can't help you root or teach you how to use ADB. It's important you have the ability to do these things or research them a bit before blindly using this. I am very familiar with Samsung however, and time permitting, will do my best to help anyone having issues.

You should not run this if you don't understand it.

ROOT REQUIRED, we aren't responsible for anything you do with this.
You NEED a MicroSD, and it WILL be formatted during this process.

YOU MUST DISABLE REACTIVATION LOCK OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!
You can download the eMMC brick bug check app on the Play Store to verify your CID starts with 15. If it does, you are good. If not, it will not work.

The code below is NOT a script, you must enter the commands manually.

You must unzip the file first.

Download

Code:
adb push unlock_n3 /data/local/tmp/
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/
chmod 777 unlock_n3
chown root.root unlock_n3
./unlock_n3
Allow device to reboot. After full reboot, run
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/
./unlock_n3
again, power down and pull battery. May need to run it again if it doesn't work after the battery pull.

Paypal: attestation28@gmail.com [COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY AND OPTIONAL]
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to ryanbg For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th April 2016, 03:10 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Your the best. Trying it right now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

Enjoy. Don't forget to thank @beaups too, he discovered the eMMC backdoor and exploited it!

Disclosure: I do not own a Note 3. The exploit happened to be applicable to the Note 3, and we compiled it for your devices rather than not release it at all. This seems like a reasonable and friendly thing to do for the community. I can't help you root or teach you how to use ADB. It's important you have the ability to do these things or research them a bit before blindly using this. I am very familiar with Samsung however, and time permitting, will do my best to help anyone having issues.

You should not run this if you don't understand it.

ROOT REQUIRED, we aren't responsible for anything you do with this.
You NEED a MicroSD, and it WILL be formatted during this process.

YOU MUST DISABLE REACTIVATION LOCK OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!
You can download the eMMC brick bug check app on the Play Store to verify your CID starts with 15. If it does, you are good. If not, it will not work.

The code below is NOT a script, you must enter the commands manually.

Code:
adb push samsung_unlock_n3 /data/local/tmp/
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/
chmod 777 samsung_unlock_n3
chown root.root samsung_unlock_n3
./samsung_unlock_n3
Allow device to reboot. After full reboot, run
Code:
adb shell
su
cd /data/local/tmp/
./samsung_unlock_n3
again, power down and pull battery. May need to run it again if it doesn't work after the battery pull.

Paypal: attestation28@gmail.com [COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY AND OPTIONAL]

Perfect thanks so much ..this is tremendous donations are required. Donate to whom just breathed life into a great phone..Flashify idea by @alexp1289 was great idea to install recovery..this is f### ING awesome

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to davekaz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift davekaz Ad-Free
15th April 2016, 04:36 PM |#3  
Flag Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Awesome! Trying this now!

Cheers,
B.D.
15th April 2016, 04:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
God you are a life saver, I've been trying to get my uncle hooked up with a phone with a unlocked bootloader for awhile,
now he can use his current phone for it.
15th April 2016, 05:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Does this work for v4.4.4 and 5.0?
15th April 2016, 05:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Any idea how long it takes on the first reboot? I assume it formats the SD card and that takes some time and I only have a 64gb card so I'm guessing I'll be looking at the Verizon logo a while.
15th April 2016, 05:29 PM |#7  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Do the commands HAVE to be entered via adb? If I downloaded the zip to my phone, could I enter the commands through a terminal editor possibly?
15th April 2016, 05:45 PM |#8  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,658

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyhead

Does this work for v4.4.4 and 5.0?

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackCheck

Any idea how long it takes on the first reboot? I assume it formats the SD card and that takes some time and I only have a 64gb card so I'm guessing I'll be looking at the Verizon logo a while.

Try removing your SDCARD, boot up, and put it back in before you do it the second time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl17ch

Do the command HAVE to be entered via adb? If I downloaded the zip to my phone, could I enter the commands through a terminal editor possibly?

You should do it with adb instead of terminal emulator. You could do it with terminal emulator, but I don't recommend it.
15th April 2016, 06:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm confused. It asked me to run the binary again to finish the process, but when i did that, it tried to change the CID again. Am i doing something wrong? The CID has changed to the one it displays on cmd.
15th April 2016, 06:15 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomixnscale89

I'm confused. It asked me to run the binary again to finish the process, but when i did that, it tried to change the CID again. Am i doing something wrong? The CID has changed to the one it displays on cmd.

Do a battery pull and run the second step again. It will say "backing up loaders" when it is actually done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devildog9999 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devildog9999 Ad-Free
15th April 2016, 06:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbg

Yes.

Try removing your SDCARD, boot up, and put it back in before you do it the second time.

You should do it with adb instead of terminal emulator. You could do it with terminal emulator, but I don't recommend it.

It works, I have TWRP installed. I'll be divvying out donations come payday.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)