FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Note 3 vs. Motorola Moto X Pure

4,367 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,300

By CZ Eddie, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 3rd November 2015, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just got the Motorola Moto X Pure. Anyone have any direct comparison questions for me before I sell the Note 3?
Questions like, "which is heavier", "which is louder", "which is brighter".

If you're not familiar with the Moto X Pure, it is AFAIK, the only current "superphone" capable of running on Verizon networks that has an unlocked bootloader so you can flash CyanogenMOD type ROM's and kernels.
It's 5.7" like the Note 3 and in the hand, it's also physically identical in size. $399 retail for the 16GB version.
Has MicroSD card and water resistance but no removable battery.

3rd November 2015, 09:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm planning on picking one of these up soon. How do you think they compare, just for basic everyday use? (specs are reasonable close, but I don't have any access to one)
Numbers of bars on both???
3rd November 2015, 10:53 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,300

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthelm

I'm planning on picking one of these up soon. How do you think they compare, just for basic everyday use? (specs are reasonable close, but I don't have any access to one)
Numbers of bars on both???

I've only had it for a bit over a day and am still setting things up in the AICP based ROM I installed. So not much user time yet.

Speed is not noticeably faster than any AOSP ROM's I ran on a T-Mobile Note 3.

Volume on the dual-speaker is WAAAY louder and deeper sounding than the Note 3's speaker.

I only have one SIM so I can't really compare the signal bars. But around town download speeds have so far been about the same.

WiFi is downloading twice as fast on the Moto X though.

The phone is easier to control with one hand. Not really sure why though, since both phones are identical in size. But I can now reach the status bar with my thumb without straining like I did on the Note 3.

Screen is just as bright in AOSP ROM's on the Moto X as it is in TouchWiz with auto-brightness enabled.
So when I'm outside under the sun, I can read text just as well. Though the Moto X looks better at an angle than the Note 3 does. Easier to read when angled than the Note 3 in the sun.

I'm very happy with the phone, mostly because of the louder speaker and ability to install any ROM or kernel I want.
Otherwise, the Note 3 is still one of the best damn phones out there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)