FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Back to 4.4.4 from Lollipop

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By LostPerfections, Junior Member on 23rd April 2015, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
For anybody that wants to go back to 4.4.4 from 5.0 I can confirm it works great, I just flashed back with Odin. The 4.4.4 firmware is at sammobile right below the lollipop firmware. The 4.4.4 flash put it into a bootloop to which I then factory reset and it started up perfectly with none of the completely unusable issues I was having.

Bummed out that I can't use lollipop for the time being, but more than relieved that I have a usable phone again, I thought it was toast.Lollipop made my phone worthless, literally couldn't do anything, major bootloops and constant crashes.

I made another thread about it here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...lipop-t3090421
The Following User Says Thank You to LostPerfections For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th April 2015, 12:38 AM |#2  
Flag Ridgewood, NJ
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
You should retry the upgrade, it's faster and more stable. You just had a corrupted file or something, if you really want the best is worth a try. It's 40% faster. There was just something wrong with your install.
24th April 2015, 09:04 AM |#3  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Did you do a factory reset when you upgraded? A lot of Note 4 users who upgraded had similar issues which a factory reset corrected.
24th April 2015, 04:18 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I took the upgrade and found it to be faster and more reliable as well. Still fingers crossed for a root exploit. At least we know if an exploit ever happens for 4.4.4 then we can downgrade to get it. Good to know!
25th April 2015, 02:42 AM |#5  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Oh really? I thought we couldn't roll back after taking 5.0. I am having a hard time a stable host to download 4.4.4

Can someone help me out with this? <confused>
25th April 2015, 06:28 PM |#6  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 41

More
@ lost perfections:

Success! The 4.4.4 firmware took forever to download but worth it! Thank for this!
25th April 2015, 10:49 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruseLudsMobile

You should retry the upgrade, it's faster and more stable. You just had a corrupted file or something, if you really want the best is worth a try. It's 40% faster. There was just something wrong with your install.

Trust me I really wanted it and tried all the usual steps. I think something is wrong with my phones hardware that works mostly ok on this version. I actually stayed on an old version for a very long time, I rooted "root de la vega" and took one ota using the supersu option to keep root when using an ota. The next update after that would not work for me, I would have had to wipe and odin to update, so I held off thinking I wasn't missing anything. Till about a week or less after 4.4.4 came out then my phone started crashing the moment I received or made a call. I hadn't gotten any new apps or anything like that but just in case I factory reset to see if it fixed with no luck. So I finally upgraded via odin, no root now, but miraculously my phone could make calls again. I am giving you this essay because I have a feeling this issue is related. It seems it's my phones hardware that is messed up and i'm just lucky that 4.4.4 works at all. I still have issues every couple days where I make or receive a call and hear nothing, with a reboot needed to fix, that is confirmed still after a fresh install of 4.4.4 after all the 5.0 stuff I tried. Anyways thats why I think it's my phone. I wish I had an extended warranty so I could just update and make a claim.

As for everything I tried in the update, I took the ota, which was literally unusable by anybodys standard, I could use the phone for about 5-20ish seconds before it would crash, turning the sound to mute would help, but still crash at a couple minutes of use. I downloaded the firmware and flashed via Odin, same exact issues, changed nothing. Did several factory resets between all these steps. I kind of walked through the process on that thread I posted in the OP.

After making this thread I did try it one last time and flashed via odin, knowing that I had a workable fix, but same exact thing again. If they release another update I'll try then, but looks like I'm stuck till then at least.
25th April 2015, 10:51 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly1812

Did you do a factory reset when you upgraded? A lot of Note 4 users who upgraded had similar issues which a factory reset corrected.

Yeah I did anything and everything I could, no luck. I think my phone itself is the problem.
25th April 2015, 11:14 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameog

@ lost perfections:

Success! The 4.4.4 firmware took forever to download but worth it! Thank for this!

Awesome, glad it helped. I'm SO glad they didn't block the ability to do this, I'd have been out a phone if they had.
30th April 2015, 09:14 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPerfections

Awesome, glad it helped. I'm SO glad they didn't block the ability to do this, I'd have been out a phone if they had.

Can you be more specific? There are two firmware versions that are 4.4.4-NJ6 and NK1. I assume you used NK1? I'm a newb and sort of know how to use Odin/download mode. What version of Odin did you use?

I want to rollback to the previous build until they sort out the radio issues. My phone was fine on NK1 but on lollipop it drops LTE indoors frequently. Aside from the radio issue, lollipop runs great. I factory reset after the update, didn't make a difference.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread