Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advice on rooting and flashing my Note 3

Tip us?
 
knoxrandall
Old
(Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 03:41 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Advice on rooting and flashing my Note 3

Name:  1409011978065.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  43.1 KB

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
 
thegamerdarkseid
Old
#2  
thegamerdarkseid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 951
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago,IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall View Post
Attachment 2912301

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55003142


Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips
I'm the XDA user formerly known as theafrosamurai, going in a new direction since I'm gaming more now.


Follow me @
The Following User Says Thank You to thegamerdarkseid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knoxrandall
Old
(Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 05:00 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanks for the link.
So that method will not trip the Knox counter?.
And how do I find if I have NC2 or NC4.?
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
 
knoxrandall
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2010
Never mind. I think I got it figured out. I have NC4, correct?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to knoxrandall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thegamerdarkseid
Old
#5  
thegamerdarkseid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 951
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago,IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall View Post
Never mind. I think I got it figured out. I have NC4, correct?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
From the pic you've shown you're on NC4. As long as you follow the directions you won't trip Knox. Happy rooting and flashing... 😊

Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips
I'm the XDA user formerly known as theafrosamurai, going in a new direction since I'm gaming more now.


Follow me @
The Following User Says Thank You to thegamerdarkseid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knoxrandall
Old
(Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2010
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are custom ROMs working on Verizon Note 3?
Meaning, are they still buggie or are there stable ROMs for it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
 
thegamerdarkseid
Old
#7  
thegamerdarkseid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 951
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chicago,IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are custom ROMs working on Verizon Note 3?
Meaning, are they still buggie or are there stable ROMs for it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
There all pretty stable. If you choose to do use Jasmine 2.3 please read the OP thoroughly as that's a S5 port for the Note 3.
I'm the XDA user formerly known as theafrosamurai, going in a new direction since I'm gaming more now.


Follow me @
The Following User Says Thank You to thegamerdarkseid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
knoxrandall
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerdarkseid View Post
Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55003142


Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips


So if I need to go back to stock for a warranty issue..do I just flash the original until rooted firmware? ?
 
ContractorDude
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 69
Join Date: Feb 2012
Use Odin to flash the stock NC4 Tar. Both can be found here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524572
The Following User Says Thank You to ContractorDude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sparkymrh
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Hyperdrive not installing

Hey, I'm having trouble getting hyperdrive to install. I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kk 4.4.2, ss 3.75. I successfully installed jasmine, but I want a bit more out of my phone. Downloaded rsl8 3x, but when I install and reboot I get a black screen for 15 min, unresponsive, so I pull the battery and do the vol down /home /pwr button trick to get it to reboot. Any ideas?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes