FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Advice on rooting and flashing my Note 3

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By knoxrandall, Junior Member on 26th August 2014, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Name:  1409011978065.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  43.1 KB

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 03:41 AM.
 
 
26th August 2014, 04:12 AM |#2  
RasAlGhul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago,IL
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall

Attachment 2912301

I haven't rooted and flashed ROMs in a couple years. I know a lot has changed. Could someone please get me started?. I hope that I attached the pic correctly.
My Verizon Note 3 is only a month old and I haven't done anything to it yet due to lack of knolage. I also don't want to trip the Knox counter. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55003142


Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips
The Following User Says Thank You to RasAlGhul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 04:50 AM |#3  
knoxrandall's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks for the link.
So that method will not trip the Knox counter?.
And how do I find if I have NC2 or NC4.?
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 05:00 AM.
26th August 2014, 05:04 AM |#4  
knoxrandall's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Never mind. I think I got it figured out. I have NC4, correct?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to knoxrandall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 05:08 AM |#5  
RasAlGhul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago,IL
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall

Never mind. I think I got it figured out. I have NC4, correct?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

From the pic you've shown you're on NC4. As long as you follow the directions you won't trip Knox. Happy rooting and flashing... 😊

Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips
The Following User Says Thank You to RasAlGhul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 07:51 AM |#6  
knoxrandall's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are custom ROMs working on Verizon Note 3?
Meaning, are they still buggie or are there stable ROMs for it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by knoxrandall; 26th August 2014 at 07:57 AM.
26th August 2014, 02:55 PM |#7  
RasAlGhul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago,IL
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrandall

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are custom ROMs working on Verizon Note 3?
Meaning, are they still buggie or are there stable ROMs for it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

There all pretty stable. If you choose to do use Jasmine 2.3 please read the OP thoroughly as that's a S5 port for the Note 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to RasAlGhul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 10:22 AM |#8  
knoxrandall's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamerdarkseid

Check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55003142


Sent by Darkseid from Apokolips



So if I need to go back to stock for a warranty issue..do I just flash the original until rooted firmware? ?
13th September 2014, 01:51 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Use Odin to flash the stock NC4 Tar. Both can be found here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2524572
The Following User Says Thank You to ContractorDude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2014, 04:27 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hyperdrive not installing
Hey, I'm having trouble getting hyperdrive to install. I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kk 4.4.2, ss 3.75. I successfully installed jasmine, but I want a bit more out of my phone. Downloaded rsl8 3x, but when I install and reboot I get a black screen for 15 min, unresponsive, so I pull the battery and do the vol down /home /pwr button trick to get it to reboot. Any ideas?
14th September 2014, 06:23 PM |#11  
RasAlGhul's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago,IL
Thanks Meter: 405
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymrh

Hey, I'm having trouble getting hyperdrive to install. I rooted my phone a couple weeks ago, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 kk 4.4.2, ss 3.75. I successfully installed jasmine, but I want a bit more out of my phone. Downloaded rsl8 3x, but when I install and reboot I get a black screen for 15 min, unresponsive, so I pull the battery and do the vol down /home /pwr button trick to get it to reboot. Any ideas?

You have to flash the NC2 kernel to get hyperdrive to boot. It's flashed in Odin. Put your phone in download mode and flash in the ap slot. See this post here for NC2 kernel. Step 8 coming from NC4 OTA. You should boot up after that.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53508274
The Following User Says Thank You to RasAlGhul For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes