Ask a question

No registration required

Alliance rom screen dimming issue

OP scott_65

22nd August 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

176 posts
Running the Alliance rom, clean install on stock slot. No other major issues that I can think of. I've got it set to maximum brightness, not on auto dimmer. When the screen dims after 30 seconds or so, when its about to turn off due to inactivity, half the time when I tap the screen, it recovers to full brightness. The other half the time, it gets a little brighter than the dim mode, but not much. It stays way dimmer than the full brightness setting that I keep it on. I have to pull the notification bar down, slide the dimmer down, and back up to maximum, and I'm good to go until the next time it does it. Which could be in 30 seconds when it dims again.

Anybody else having this issue?
22nd August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hobe Sound
Thanks Meter: 25

102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_65

Running the Alliance rom, clean install on stock slot. No other major issues that I can think of. I've got it set to maximum brightness, not on auto dimmer. When the screen dims after 30 seconds or so, when its about to turn off due to inactivity, half the time when I tap the screen, it recovers to full brightness. The other half the time, it gets a little brighter than the dim mode, but not much. It stays way dimmer than the full brightness setting that I keep it on. I have to pull the notification bar down, slide the dimmer down, and back up to maximum, and I'm good to go until the next time it does it. Which could be in 30 seconds when it dims again.

Anybody else having this issue?

I have the same thing happening. Personally I have been too lazy about it to check through settings to see if I've done something. I'll check on it and see if I can find a fix.

*Update*
I've checked through all my settings and can find nothing that might cause it. I don't have Auto Brightness set, nor do I have Auto Adjust Screen Tone turned on. I saw nothing in the Alliance Settings either. I believe it is a system setting that is probably buried in code somewhere (far beyond my knowledge).

**Update** I reported the bug in the Alliance Forum.
Last edited by kinstre11; 22nd August 2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Update
22nd August 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

176 posts
I tend to agree. I've looked through settings, etc. just as you have, to no avail. I'm nearly certain it's done it since install, so I don't think it's something that I've changed. But I could be wrong. I've also tried it with auto adjust turned on, does the same thing. Auto adjusts to a dimmer setting sometimes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread