Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Showbox error please help!!

Tip us?
 
slojay
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ny
Default Showbox error please help!!

Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!
 
rjackson23
Old
#2  
rjackson23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 201
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: tuscaloosa al
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojay View Post
Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!
When u try to update do u be on WiFi because that the only way mines update

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
sonofevil77
Old
#3  
sonofevil77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 595
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojay View Post
Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!
Uninstall it and then get it from their website. That's the only way it works for me when that happens.

Note 3 Pimp Slapped
 
slojay
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofevil77 View Post
Uninstall it and then get it from their website. That's the only way it works for me when that happens.

Note 3 Pimp Slapped
Today it updated when I was on my home wifi. What is the website to download the app?
 
mjh68
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 372
Posts: 1,606
Join Date: Apr 2010
Mine only updates on WiFi. ..also I get it to update by clicking into some of the movies

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
sonofevil77
Old
#6  
sonofevil77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 127
Posts: 595
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojay View Post
Today it updated when I was on my home wifi. What is the website to download the app?
Here you go.

http://media-apps.cc/android/

ViperOne Biotch!
 
prozac4me
Old
#7  
prozac4me's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Mar 2012
Verizon has this application's host server blocked in their firewall. I hear t-mobile, and AT&T aren't far behind...
 
mpdayii
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San jose
I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app
 
Grompy
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 394
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdayii View Post
I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app
What version is it?
 
slojay
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ny
Tried Uninstaller and reinstalling new app from website. Still getting "server error check Internet connection" while I'm at home on WiFi . Believe it or not it only has updated when I'm at work. Very strange. Any ideas?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes