MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Showbox error please help!!

17th June 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag ny
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!
17th June 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #2  
tuscaloosa al
Thanks Meter: 11

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slojay

Hello all,
I am currently having issues with my showbox on my Verizon Note 3. For some reason the app refuses to update and I am forced to uninstall and reinstall in order to get the most recent movie/show listings. On top of that, when I reinstall, I ALWAYS get an error msg when the app initially tries to download the movie/show list. It says "network error check Internet connection." I do not understand what the problem is because at the time my Internet always works fine on 4g. Finally, I am only able to download the most recent movie/show listings 1 time after initial install and that is when I am at home on wifi. After the initial update it goes back to not updating. My phone is not rooted, although my friend went through all the steps and then found out that bc of my baseband version, the phone could not be rooted. Is there any chance that attempting to root messed up some settings that are causing me to have this problem? I am running android 4.4.2. Any advice or help is greatly greatly appreciated. Also, I've been trying to find a way to contact the developer but haven't had any luck? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks again for all the help!!

When u try to update do u be on WiFi because that the only way mines update

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th June 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 127

598 posts
More
Quote:

Hello all,

Uninstall it and then get it from their website. That's the only way it works for me when that happens.

Note 3 Pimp Slapped
17th June 2014, 07:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag ny

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofevil77

Uninstall it and then get it from their website. That's the only way it works for me when that happens.

Note 3 Pimp Slapped

Today it updated when I was on my home wifi. What is the website to download the app?
17th June 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 373

1,615 posts
Mine only updates on WiFi. ..also I get it to update by clicking into some of the movies

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 127

598 posts
More
Quote:

Today it updated when I was on my home wifi. What is the website to download the app?

Here you go.

http://media-apps.cc/android/

ViperOne Biotch!
21st July 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #7  

19 posts
Verizon has this application's host server blocked in their firewall. I hear t-mobile, and AT&T aren't far behind...
22nd July 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #8  
Flag San jose
Thanks Meter: 13

46 posts
More
I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app
22nd July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #9  
Flag Noblesville, IN
Thanks Meter: 132

406 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpdayii

I use shoebox daily on my note 3 and it's not blocked at all... I'm rooted and I just hit the back button everytime the update dialog pops up. Causing the pool up to go away... Back to showbox viewing then... Mine updates the movie or shows on either wifi or data... I did update a few months back when app broke though... I searched it on Google

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using xda app-developers app

What version is it?
27th July 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag ny

14 posts
More
Tried Uninstaller and reinstalling new app from website. Still getting "server error check Internet connection" while I'm at home on WiFi . Believe it or not it only has updated when I'm at work. Very strange. Any ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread