XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Auto Rotate, Auto Brightness, Proximity Sensor Crashing

Tip us?

thedoseofdopeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Auto Rotate, Auto Brightness, Proximity Sensor Crashing

Can someone please help me figure out whats crashing my auto rotate, auto brightness, and proximity sensor?

The problem started when I upgraded to kk nc2 beanstown special update. Ever since It will be working for about the first 30-45 minutes of me restarting the phone then I can tell something crashes because I hit my home button and its slow to respond then I go to test if my messages, internet browser, calendar etc. will rotate and they do not along with the other problems. It is driving me insane

I have done a VOL UP HOME BUTTON PWR BUTTON (FACTORY RESET)
I have done a terminal command in SAFESTRAP to delete my sd card completely (rm -rf ./*)
Then I delete DALVIK, CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA,
Then I have FLASHED the FULL MJE STOCK TAR via ODIN from download mode

Im not sure if this is a side effect of this bug but even when I first turn the phone on from the MJE FLASH my camera app gives me the memory location dialogue box and it is Horizontal even when Im holding the phone vertical after I hit ok everything will be fine and rotate until the hour or two later where something crashes and I'm back to no rotation, auto brightness, and proximitty sensor.

My last 3 crashes happened about an hour and three minutes, 2 hours 46 minutes, and 30 minutes after the phone had been turned on

Im really losing hope here, as I have no clue what to try anymore and the downgrade did not help. Im going to try to troubleshoot with people on here the next few days to see what happens and then Ill have to take it to Verizon if I cant get it figured out.

My Galaxy Note 3 was obtained in October and I had no problems with it when I was on MJE previously. Im on Mje completely stock plus rooted with kingo. Ive done several factory resets/ full wipes/ mje full installs and sd wipes to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hit thanks.

thedoseofdopeness
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
update: restarting device is not longer fixing problems temporarily.
Tags
auto, brightness, crashing, proximity, rotate