Battery Life Help! BatteryStats LogCat Help Please!

Search This thread

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
Guys, I am getting terrible battery life on the newest BajaRom. I was getting decent battery life but somehow everything changed. I want to note that I cannot access the Media Battery Drain Fix in the BajaROM settings as it crashes EVERYTIME i open it. I have tried everything to install something that will fix media battery drain but I am unsure if this is what is really causing my battery drain. Please any help would greatly be appreciated!

Installed on STOCK slot
SYNC, Bluetooth: OFF
Powersaving/Smart Network: ON

tem2.jpg

Attachments

• logcat-2014-07-28_131046916.txt
    290.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BetterBatteryStats-2014-07-28_131046684.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 1
  • tem2.jpg
    tem2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

dasdman

Oct 16, 2013
Wakelock Detector and Greenify... are ur best friends on the Note 3.

Turnoff wifi,bluetooth,gps,etc when not in use. Set CPU to on demand. I always have power saver on unless I want to run a game... doesn't seem to effect anything else.

There are a ton of tips for Note 3 battery life...just search here...

I also use LUX for screen brightness, that made a big difference also. Change you wallpapers to darker colors... mine are some sort of black background...

I can make through the day with reasonable usage on Hyperdrive RLS8 and still have battery left...

Haven't tried BajaROM yet...

badboyg200

Nov 14, 2007
Wakelock Detector and Greenify... are ur best friends on the Note 3.

Turnoff wifi,bluetooth,gps,etc when not in use. Set CPU to on demand. I always have power saver on unless I want to run a game... doesn't seem to effect anything else.

There are a ton of tips for Note 3 battery life...just search here...

I also use LUX for screen brightness, that made a big difference also. Change you wallpapers to darker colors... mine are some sort of black background...

I can make through the day with reasonable usage on Hyperdrive RLS8 and still have battery left...

Haven't tried BajaROM yet...

Thank you for your response. I have greenify'd most of my daily apps and I use wake lock detector and still cant find out the culprit here. It says that my SCREEN is taking up 30% of my battery life after just 2 hours unplugged and minimal use and I'm down to 82%. Can my phone just be inherently defective????

This DOESNT feel right. I NEVER had any complaints of battery with my NOTE 2

donc113

Jul 27, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Guys, I am getting terrible battery life on the newest BajaRom. I was getting decent battery life but somehow everything changed. I want to note that I cannot access the Media Battery Drain Fix in the BajaROM settings as it crashes EVERYTIME i open it. I have tried everything to install something that will fix media battery drain but I am unsure if this is what is really causing my battery drain. Please any help would greatly be appreciated!

Installed on STOCK slot
SYNC, Bluetooth: OFF
Powersaving/Smart Network: ON

tem2.jpg

Check your data usage. I had the similar situation, saw nothing in the battery usage area....but then checked data usage. I had over 2 Gigs of data usage from EMAIL in only 2 weeks! I had been using the std email app...and get maybe 10 emails a day. Obviously something goofy going on in the sync. Yet battery usage showed next to nothing for the sync process or email app.

I removed my accounts from the email package, froze the email package and installed AquaMail and my battery usage cut by at least half....my data use flatlined.

Obviously it takes power to use the radio for a Gig a week of data....but that does NOT seem to show in battery usage.

so check your data usage...see if email is way out in front. That may be your problem.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk

shakenfrog

Jul 31, 2014
Thank you for your response. I have greenify'd most of my daily apps and I use wake lock detector and still cant find out the culprit here. It says that my SCREEN is taking up 30% of my battery life after just 2 hours unplugged and minimal use and I'm down to 82%. Can my phone just be inherently defective????

This DOESNT feel right. I NEVER had any complaints of battery with my NOTE 2

I had the same issue with battery life after I flashed to and of the KK roms. My problem was Greenify, and I don't know why. Removing it didn't solve my problem so I'd restart from the beginning. My drain is less than 1% per hour idle without it and almost 10% per hour running all the same apps with greenify in different settings. Jasmine ROM just drained for me all the time.

*first post, be nice. I only joined because of all the trouble I went through to get my battery life back.