Post Reply

[Q] Knox Security

OP kdplll

22nd May 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
I hope I'm in the right place for this and it hasen't already been covered. I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 the other day and after root installed TB and SuperSu. I'm think as I was installing SuperSu, may have been TB, it asked if I wanted to disable Knox Security. Just wondering if any VGN3 users who have root have seen this? I haven't tripped Knox yet and wondering if it could still happen. I've installed Safestrap and everything seems fine so far. Still hunting the best Rom to install along side the stock 4.3. All suggestions as far as new Rom are welcome along with any input on this post. THANKS!
23rd May 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #2  
Misterxtc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,087
 
1,151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdplll

I hope I'm in the right place for this and it hasen't already been covered. I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 the other day and after root installed TB and SuperSu. I'm think as I was installing SuperSu, may have been TB, it asked if I wanted to disable Knox Security. Just wondering if any VGN3 users who have root have seen this? I haven't tripped Knox yet and wondering if it could still happen. I've installed Safestrap and everything seems fine so far. Still hunting the best Rom to install along side the stock 4.3. All suggestions as far as new Rom are welcome along with any input on this post. THANKS!

The disable Knox message is totally normal. By not disabling Knox you will most likely get Knox warnings when running root programs. Just let SU disable it, all will be fine. As for 4.3 ROMs Eclipse is AOSP styled and great on the battery, Baja ROM and Hyperdrive are the most customizable. it really depends what you want out of your ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Many Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

The disable Knox message is totally normal. By not disabling Knox you will most likely get Knox warnings when running root programs. Just let SU disable it, all will be fine. As for 4.3 ROMs Eclipse is AOSP styled and great on the battery, Baja ROM and Hyperdrive are the most customizable. it really depends what you want out of your ROM.

Thanks for getting back on this. I did let SU disable it and I'm feeling better after hearing from someone else. This is the first phone I've had to deal with Knox. I started with the first Droid Inc then moved to the Galaxy Nexus and now I'm playing with the Note 3. Gotta say I really love this phone. Hate the carrier but it's paid for so I'm kinda there. As far as roms go Hyperdrive is one I've been looking at and I'm sure to be checking out your other suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to kdplll For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Thumbs up Rom Sugestions
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdplll

Thanks for getting back on this. I did let SU disable it and I'm feeling better after hearing from someone else. This is the first phone I've had to deal with Knox. I started with the first Droid Inc then moved to the Galaxy Nexus and now I'm playing with the Note 3. Gotta say I really love this phone. Hate the carrier but it's paid for so I'm kinda there. As far as roms go Hyperdrive is one I've been looking at and I'm sure to be checking out your other suggestions.

Misterxtc I kinda figure you haunt, in a good way, this site so I just wanted to get back and tell you
I went with the Hyperdrive Rom and couldn't be happier. I did check out you're other suggestions and
decided on Hyperdrive. Love to customize. Thanks Again for your help.
Last edited by kdplll; 17th July 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Grammer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank