Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 38,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot create nandroid backup in SS anymore! Help!

Tip us?

jwdesigngroup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot create nandroid backup in SS anymore! Help!

I currently have BajaROM 4th of July edition running. I have the latest version of Safestrap running, Safestrap-HLTEVZW-NC2-3.75-B04. I can boot into SS just fine, and the ROM is on the stock slot. When I try to "Fix Permissions", the screen goes black, and returns to the SS menu. I then try and do a backup. Same exact thing happens, the screen goes black, then returns to SS menu. I tried backing up to both the MicroSD and internal storage. No luck. I CAN restore any previously backed up ROM with no issues. Backup was working normally the last time I used it (couple days ago). I don't get it. I know something must have triggered it, but, for the life of me, cannot figure out what it is. Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss, and hate knowing that I currently cannot make a nandroid backup. Thanks in advance!

czach5932
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Only thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the recovery from the app.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium HD app
Samsung Note 3 - Xposed modified Kit Kat NC4
Samsung GT-I815 - PAC-man 23.0.0

jwdesigngroup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, I have tried many things. Did what you said. Tried rolling back to SS 3.72. Tried formatting partition, Odin - ed back to original Beans NC2 firmware, then unified KK tar. After installing SU, busybox, and SS, I then tried a backup in SS. No luck. Then tried wiping, and installing Alliance V1. No luck. Then wiped, restored last successful backup from SS, which is Bajas 4th of July edition. Everything works perfectly, I just can't do a SS backup anymore. The only way to do a nandroid backup is with "onandroid", where you use a Terminal window to create the backup. It backs up successfully, even acts normally when I restore that backup in SS, but after that restore, the phone won't boot. I will do whatever I have to do, whether it's nand erase and phone efs clear, or whatever I need to do to get this back to normal. Wow, that was long winded. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Thanks Meter 120
This is kind of ironic, I came here to sak if anyone knew of a reason I might not be able to restore a backup. I have Jasmine 2.0 installed on slot 1, can back up just fine, but if I try to restore to slot 1 it fails.

Installed Jasmine 2.2 on slot two to test, backed it up, restored just fine.

Backed up 2.0 again just to see if I had a bad backup, still no go restoring to slot 1.

ronaldheld
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I have had the same problem for months. I tried to uninstall and reinstall SS in the approved fashion but it did not work. My workaround was to use the extra slots.

jwdesigngroup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai Almandragon View Post
This is kind of ironic, I came here to sak if anyone knew of a reason I might not be able to restore a backup. I have Jasmine 2.0 installed on slot 1, can back up just fine, but if I try to restore to slot 1 it fails.

Installed Jasmine 2.2 on slot two to test, backed it up, restored just fine.

Backed up 2.0 again just to see if I had a bad backup, still no go restoring to slot 1.
So when you say slot 1 and slot 2, are you referring to the rom slots, or "slot 1" is actually the stock slot, and "slot 2" is actually Rom Slot 1?

jwdesigngroup
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
I have had the same problem for months. I tried to uninstall and reinstall SS in the approved fashion but it did not work. My workaround was to use the extra slots.
I did not attempt to install on the Rom slots because the developers seemed to always say to use the stock slot.

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdesigngroup View Post
So when you say slot 1 and slot 2, are you referring to the rom slots, or "slot 1" is actually the stock slot, and "slot 2" is actually Rom Slot 1?

Yeah sorry, slot one is stock

ronaldheld
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I used the ROM slots and left the stock slot alone.